CT Regionals - 1500 - Eternal War Missions

Morticon

So, regionals is this weekend.  

It's a fairly simple rulespack (after Vets, that's needed!)

1500 points - 6 missions, Eternal War. 

The only conditions/tweaks are as follows:

1.  For SCOURING and BIG GUNS, Fast Attack and Heavy Support will count as OBJECTIVE SECURED for their respective missions.

2. "THROUGH ATTRITION, VICTORY" will be in play. 

3.  No unbound. 

I've been asked by Decoy to play a Cent-star list - or some version of it ....and as much as it pains me to do so (not being at all my style) I am obliging him.

Currently, my list looks like this:

BA Libby - lvl2, Galliaen Staff, Veritas, Auspex

Mephiston

Coteaz

Sevrin LoL. (/Loth)

5x SM Tacs - MG, Cmbi Melta, Apoth

1x Razor - Las/Plas

5x BA Tacs - HF

1x Razor - Las/Plas

5x BA Scouts - SR

Sicaran  (bare)

3x Centurians - Grav, MLs, Omni

4x BA Bikes - 2MG, 1MB

Do they allow Stormravens/Flyers to claim Objectives? Only there is some concern regarding the height of the flyer base which puts the Flyer out of range teehee.gif

The bikes seem like a weak link so far. Why not switch to Attack Bikes?

Played 4 games with it so far.

1 vs. Sid - with Tiggy intead of Loth - he won that one 10-7.

2 vs Anthony (DE) - both wins.

1 vs. Nigels ugly biker army - tabled him in turn 4. ^_^ <3

I hate how, if things go wrong, or if you lose the cents- the army really falls apart. Also dont like how reliant it is on the psychic phase.

Also, that many warp dice make me want to summon Daemons or something hahahhaa!

(Though, Loth cant, and my BA have vowed never to do that! cool.png)

Do they allow Stormravens/Flyers to claim Objectives? Only there is some concern regarding the height of the flyer base which puts the Flyer out of range teehee.gif

Storm Ravens can claim like other flyers -if they're in hover mode, and if the objective is within 3" of the Raven itself- not the base. If I play ravens, I usually put an objective or two on 2nd floor of buildings for exactly this reason.

I'm not 100% on the bikes- originally had them touting grav- but, need fast Melta to get up close to the 2 BaneBlade army, and the warhound army <_<

attack bikes would cost 110? Could do it actually?

Storm Ravens can claim like other flyers -if they're in hover mode, and if the objective is within 3" of the Raven itself- not the base. If I play ravens, I usually put an objective or two on 2nd floor of buildings for exactly this reason.

I'm not 100% on the bikes- originally had them touting grav- but, need fast Melta to get up close to the 2 BaneBlade army, and the warhound army dry.png

attack bikes would cost 110? Could do it actually?

Same wounds, better range, but no melta bomb. How much charging do you expect them to do?

I feel like centstar is no longer a top-tier army. They really are a one-trick pony, and after this long most people have figured out how to deal with deathstars smile.png

Honestly, if its just eternal war missions I would play 3 stormravens, dante and a ton of CC scouts. They are objsec, wreck face on the charge, and you don't need to get out until turn 5 so they can't be shot tongue.png I had some very good experience with such an army in pure eternal war missions.

P.S. Ravens are also immune to baneblade and warhounds :D

Nah for sure!! It's totally not about the competitiveness of the list.  It's legitimately because my buddy really, really wants me to use it.  And it hasn't been done extensively this side of the world. 

So, curious there. 

The raven list sounds far more fun!!! :P

Haha ok :) well, you've already figured out that everything fails hard as soon as the centstar is not invisible. Also, since yours doesn't have hit&run, if you get tarpitted by khorne dogs, guardsmen or gaunts you will have a huge amount of points doing nothing.

The BA libby is just there for warp charges? Since you already have coteaz it seems like you play inquisition, would probably be better to just add a ton of small henchmen psyker squads to grab objectives and shriek around :)

Haha ok smile.png well, you've already figured out that everything fails hard as soon as the centstar is not invisible. Also, since yours doesn't have hit&run, if you get tarpitted by khorne dogs, guardsmen or gaunts you will have a huge amount of points doing nothing.

The BA libby is just there for warp charges? Since you already have coteaz it seems like you play inquisition, would probably be better to just add a ton of small henchmen psyker squads to grab objectives and shriek around smile.png

Libby's there for Veritas! Gives me a better chance of either +1 to seize (rerolling 5s to seize is great) and the opp to get infiltrate for 4 units(incl the warlord).

And i'm borrowing Coteazunsure.png dont own him. Not an Inq guy.

Khorne Doggie player is from upcountry! ^_^ Unlikely to be at the tourney.

Yeh, wish there was a way to reroll failed powers. I'm finding Tiggy to be VERY good for casting stuff, but Loth amazing for not having to stress about actually getting Invisy! Neither will allow me HnR though! ><;

Maybe use corts for a roll on the Sanctic table and hope for gate?

AHoy!!!

WOW! - WHAT a tourney guys - tough tough tough.  People in Cape Town seem to have brought out the cheese for this tourney.  We had a dual baneblade variant list, a warhound titan list, a dual-WraithKnight list, Nigel's biger-boss list, not to mention my silly Meph-Cent-star! Gouda for dayz! 

Will upload the pics and get working on Batreps tonight while things are still reasonably fresh in mind! 

Game 1:  Mirror-Match!! 

I was up against Mitch our local BT-turned-UM player, playing a Tiggy-Cent Star! 

This was what i was up against:

Tigerius

Coteas

Biker Captain -hammer, shield

Command Squad Bikes -Plas, Grav, Melta, Apoth

5x Tacs - MG, CMbi Melta -Pod

10x Tacs - lascannon,MG, Cmbi Melta - Pod

5x Scouts

1x Sicaran - lascannon sponsons, Schism of Mars Legacy

3x Cents - Grav/Missiles/Omni

Game 1 was 4 Objectives and Pitched battle. 
I rolled first turn, and infiltrate on the WL trait.

Powers of interest were: "Perfect timing", Sanctuary and Forewarning.  Loth took Invis, Terrify and Shroud.

The enemy, knowing full well what the cent star can do, elected to keep his off board.  Risky- and possibly the wrong decision, but he was between a rock and a hard place. 

I set up like this (sorry for the bikes! Left my attack bikes at home stupidly- had to borrow)

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7003_zpszujytt7p.jpg

I infiltrated the cent star, WL, Meph and Loth like this: 

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7004_zpsuol43dvd.jpg

I placed the squad within 2" of Corts, meaning i could join them despite them getting some range. 

He rolled for seize, and luckily, even with the reroll, didnt get it.  

In my first turn, i marched the uber squad forward. Took shots, and took out the command biker squad after rolling perfect timing. Even better was his commander freaking out and running away- off board- HAH! :P Sorry.  
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7005_zps3n2xfp94.jpg

In his turn, he came back fighting with a vengeance.  The Sicaran roasted mine, and his pod squad came down and destroyed a razor - sadly for me -i completely forgot about "We've been expecting you"  with Coteas <_<  Really upset about that.

Anyway, in turn 2, I destroyed that squad and tried to whittle down the 5man. I move my only mobile Razor up to late-game-grab the top right objective. 

Turn 2, his cent star came on- luckily i was invisied.  His pod came down further away, taking out the other razor.

He cast invisy - and passed with 3 dice -i rolled all 14 WC -and blocked it!! Whoot!

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7006_zps5tbnej4q.jpg

Turn 3, there was much pain.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7007_zpstlr9gohv.jpg

The rest of the time, his sicaran tried to lay down as much fire as possible.  He was still on one objective, and his tacs were holding the top right.   He could even potentially force a draw depending on how his scouts (who were encroaching on the left flank towards my objectives) did.

The cents moved to deal with them:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7008_zps75mdq3c2.jpg

In the end, my BA tacs flame the guys in the top right, and charge, and deal with them. 
The scouts are blasted to oblivion, and my scouts hiding in the middle top ruin keep blasting away at his Lascannon guy holding an objective.  

In the end, I win with models on 3 objectives, Warlord, first blood, and I think linebreaker.  He gets 3 points for his objective. 

Solid victory BA. 

Game 2 -the dreaded bloody Wraithknights <_<

His list

Farseer- Jetbike

Warlock - Jetbike

3x Scatterbikes + warlock

3x Scatterbikes + Warlock

3x Scatterbikes
(maaaybe one more squad of these -not sure)

Viper - scatter

Wraithknight -Suncannon, Scatter

Wraithknight -Suncannon, Scatter

3x Reapers - exarch- missile

The game was Scouring.  Hammer and anvil. I got first turn.  Got the 4++ power, and dont think i got off ignore cover this time. 
I set up centrally- and again, got infiltrate.

For those wondering- Veritas gives the extra strategic table roll, and CAD gives you a reroll - so you get up to four rolls to get it, if you want it. 

Bad news was -his farseer also rolled on telepathy -and got invisy :/  Oh crap.

This was me:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7010_zps7vnmhihq.jpg

(again note how i extended the deployment of the cents, to get coteas into the squad again)

He set up like this:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7009_zpstmdjwxxp.jpg

He kept a viper and 1 or two biker units off board. 
He didnt seize! 
Luckily, I got the high numbered objectives on my side.  This meant he would at least need to come forward. 

Turn one I marched the cents forward, and cast invisy.  I hid the bikers away - hoping to save them from danger, and also to get them to score late in the game.  The BA razor i blasted forward, hoping to get under cover away from the reapers asap!  The marine razor moved 6, just in case i needed the lascannon. 

I didnt get prescience off - but i did manage to get off invis. I fired off at the Wraithknight with the cent squad.  He saved a whole bunch, and I only took 4 wounds i think.

The rest of the army shot- everyone  - the scouts, the las, the plas, another wound.  It was now the sicaran- to target the farseer and co, under the "landing pad", or risk it against the WK and try get FB.   I deliberated for about 2 minutes - and finally threw caution to the wind, and went for the hard target of the WK.  
I hit, wounded (rended)! and he failed his saves and FNP!! WHooohoooo - 1VP for FB, and 2VP for the GMC hitpoints.

In his turn he marched forward and repositioned shooting what he could. 

I took quite a bit of damage - obviously- the Sicaran held up though! Scouts whittled down to a man, and the one razor was lost.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7012_zpsfv5yklq7.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7013_zpscvcwlbky.jpg

The cents marched forward, and tried to shoot where they could. The angle was such that not everyone could see.  I used the auspex to reduce the reaper cover saves.  I think I got a squad, dead! I also casted invisy, and force- to deter the WK.

The sicaran also did some decent shots at the bikers, taking out a few.  By the end of it, one whole squad of bikers was gone. 

He then moved down to sort out the pesky Sicaran - not wanting to engage the star with the WK and risk being forced to death- especially not when Invisy was on.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7014_zpsh2mqpez4.jpg

Shooting alone killed the Sicaran, thanks to side armour shots form the reaper exarch. 

My deathstar moved forward -everytime I used omni scope to at least try take out some bikers where possible.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7015_zpsc2mwnubf.jpg

IN the subsequent turn, he moved his WK up to the ruin for clear LOS, and away from the cent start, getting closer to the bikers at the back and taking out what he could of the rest of my army. 

But then.....invisy didnt go off for him *MWUHAHAHHAHAH* 

It was time. 

In my turn, Mephy broke off from the squad, to go get the reapers.

I casted invisy, and prescience. 

The WK was obliterated with ease. 
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7016_zpswajby1rl.jpg

Mephy then took out the reaper squad. 

He kept maneuvering his bikers around- shooting what he could when he could, but there werent that many targets - and the invis paid off.

He boosted the warlock biker to try get the objectives late game. 

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7017_zpstr0u8hrk.jpg

I kept moving around blasting what I could where i could.  My attack bikers came out form hiding to engage a boosted biker squad at the back behind ruins -they made short work of them!  Ya BA charges.  

My army kept shooting where it could. 

The game continued as the enemy tried to hang on to objectives where he could.  It went on to turn 6 however. 

In turn 6, i took out his farseer, and his other warlock, as well as his bikers -i think he had an immobile viper left at the end of it.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7018_zpsrhjl9yvg.jpg

Mephiston was pleased.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Regionals%20-%20CT%20-%20JUNE%202015/IMG_7019_zps3hmzcgmt.jpg

18 - 0 (i think) to the Blood Angels.  

Game 3 vs Nigel!!! 

Nice :) seems like people don't have too much experience vs centurionstar in your parts? ^^ although to be fair, they probably are the single best unit against pesky wraithknights. Also very unfair that you got infiltrate vs the other centstar xD

A tad surprised at dual Suncannons.

How did the Bikes get on?

I think the suncannons are the way to go.  5++ for that?  Yes please!  Also, 3x S6, Ap2 blasts? I rate that over 1 D shot any day.  Far, far, far scarier. 

His bikes? Get on? Which bikes? Get on where? ><;

Nice smile.png seems like people don't have too much experience vs centurionstar in your parts? ^^ although to be fair, they probably are the single best unit against pesky wraithknights. Also very unfair that you got infiltrate vs the other centstar xD

Def not. It hasn't been a thing here. Only 2, maybe 3 players with them - and none of the wiley ol' grizzled vets until now :P

Invisibility sounds like an awful awful part of this game, Damn!

Quality generalship though Mort, did you feel dirty using the cents? tongue.png

Absolutely filthy.

Will not run that combo again. Didnt enjoy the style at all. Though, i do now have a healthier respect for it.

They can take two heavy wraithcannons now that shoot at different targets.

As for the bikes, I was referring to yours!

Bikes did okay - better than the bikers- so good call on them, thanks to the range!

WCs at diff targets is good. Single shot though, cover still there- and the amount of wounds saved on 5++ by the WK just kept that thing stomping and stomping <_<

i think there are better sources of D in eldar. (like their players! ooooooh!)

I think centstar is very scary when a meta is not prepared, but it has some very glaring weaknesses (like not having first turn against a strong alpha strike list). I once played the one with Draigo and a white scars chapter master, and I still lost against various lists - e.g. necrons because they just... don't.... die! Or daemons, because grav is really bad, especially against invisible khorne dogs and 2++ rerollable screamers. Or 2x grav centurions in pods where I didn't get first turn and had to reserve ^^ There's a huge amount of points in that deathstar, hold it in cc or just play the mission and feed it small units so it never gets back its points. Also, if you fail that invisibility (or don't get it because Loth is usually not allowed around here) you usually lose the game instantly.

I think the D cannons on the WK are a lot stronger because they deal so much damage against vehicles and MCs. An eldar army really doesn't need more S6 shooting, and that 1/3 chance to instakill an imperial knight or MC is priceless. You only need a single 6 to ruin someones day :) also, that 4+ cover is very easy to get with a monstrous creature, just dip that toe into terrain and you're fine :/

also, that 4+ cover is very easy to get with a monstrous creature, just dip that toe into terrain and you're fine :/

Stand to be corrected on this, but not sure it works this way for MCs. 

At least around here we still play with area terrain, simply because if we used true LOS 80% of our terrain would not provide cover tongue.png how do you play it?

Also, ruins now always grant 4+ no matter how much of the model is obscured if I'm not mistaken.

Archived