Skyhammer Annihilation force

Freeman82

I Believe that this detachment would work better as a second turn strike in combination with a gunline approach, not pure alpha strike.

Going second means that you counter any reserves the opponent might use to rob you of valid targets, as well as a turn to deal with de-meching and removing bubblewrap.

You really need to read up on the differences between a teleport homer, locator beacon and the rules for both.

You'll need a Scout Bike Squad (who infiltrate + scout 12") with locator beacon, to pull off what you're describing (ie. no-scatter T1 pod drops and deep strikes), since the beacon needs to be on the table from the start of the turn.

I think you quoted the wrong post, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

I Believe that this detachment would work better as a second turn strike in combination with a gunline approach, not pure alpha strike.

Going second means that you counter any reserves the opponent might use to rob you of valid targets, as well as a turn to deal with de-meching and removing bubblewrap.

You really need to read up on the differences between a teleport homer, locator beacon and the rules for both.

You'll need a Scout Bike Squad (who infiltrate + scout 12") with locator beacon, to pull off what you're describing (ie. no-scatter T1 pod drops and deep strikes), since the beacon needs to be on the table from the start of the turn.

I think you quoted the wrong post, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

You're right. It was this post: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/309277-skyhammer-annihilation-force/?p=4087698

I ask because the opinion over there is

"Yes it is a formation. So it is a special detachment. You can basically take any formation from a codex that you could ally with."

I think the confusion arises because people are not understanding the question.

You can run a SW/DA/BA army and also take a Skyhammer formation without any problem. They are Battle Brothers so get along just fine.

However, the Marines in the Skyhammer Formation will be codex marines. They will not get FC/RT if you are playing Blood Angels. They are not Long Fangs and Skyclaws if you are playing Space Wolves.

Archived