DW Adicts Anonymous

deadangel101

My name is Deadangel101, and I will start the testimonials. I have loved Deathwing for decades. Though I have tried to hide my disease through the purchase and play of other armies, I remain hopelessly addicted. Over a year ago, I found myself selling off all my models and plunging head first into a pure Deathwing army. This, despite all the research and testimony I had read, despite all the better judgement I had and advice to the contrary. They had sculpted the new models with robes, you see, and I was helpless against them.

Since that time, I have been bloodied and beaten more times than I can count. I have forgotten the taste of victory. I know that I am sick. I know I should leave them forever. And yet, lately I find myself lying awake at night as I ponder lower points costs, special rules, wargear options, and even new units. I dare to get excited again. I fear I am staring into the abyss, and that I may soon find myself drowning in a sea of disappointment.

I no longer know how to help myself. A new codex looms, and I don't know what I should do.

My name is Kyle, and I'm a Deathwing addict.

It started in my store's last escalation league. I piddled around in the 1000-1250 points levels and struggled, then at 1500, I said screw it on a lark and brought an army of nothing but Deathwing. Won. Did it again next week, won. 1850, I did deathwing with a fortitude banner and a librarius conclave, loading up on deathwing librarians. People didn't realize you could DO that type of army.

I've been playing near pure deathwing ever since. I'm 30 models away from a full first company.

I need help.

I too am a Deathwing addict, through my trials and many errors I had gone through a series of steps to cure my infallible disease, even to the point of trading off most of my DW termies......but again the itch crept up on me. Not only did I get more DW but I got even more than I originally had! Now I find any excuse to run them, I cut it with some greenwing and imagine scenarios of hunting fallen or last stands against all odds, deepstriking to defend trapped tacticals, raiding space hulks. Its all I can do to even focus on paying bills instead of painting terminators and purchasing pimped out LRC for transports. Through it all though I have found the inner circle to be my true family, they guard me against heresy with their wall of shields and strike hard at the heart of chaos with maces of redemption. It is by their blessing that I am here today, fighting my good fight alongside my brothers on the battlefield.

For the lion.....for the lion.

Hi.........my name is disciple............."Hi Disciple!"

I've been a DW addict since I first opened a book and heard about 40k....................I've attempted the patch...........gone to hipno therapy................I even went cold turkey...........and the best I could muster was my 145 Terminator models demanding paint in an ETL vow (mainly because my wife demanded I paint them or else I move out)

I don't care how dumb the internet says they are.

I don't care that the "meta" is prolific in AP2 weapons.

I don't care that my Terminators don't have Assault grenades and can't even come close points wise.

I am a DW addict and I've turned myself into the FBI three times, each time they just look at me and say I don't know what you are talking about.

Join us or repent.........it matters not to me.

For the Lion

Hello. My name is Dean and I am a termie addict. Back in the day termies were 7.99 and one at a time I accumulated 25 various metal termies... Then the plastics came out and people were just giving them away and then I ended up with 50... Yes I have my share of losses

Edit:  Currently sitting at 80 termies (70 painted) with plans for a Hammernator squad.  Lets see what this codex does...

My name is Ulf, and I remember when Deathwing were Native Americans.  My first experience with them was 25 years ago when the supplement came out for Space Hulk.  

Now I have a squad of them painted above my desk and two more squads on my painting table... and one more to be assembled.

Hi, My names is Raztalin ... and i have a DW addiction!!!

Over 100 Termies (and counting), in various forms, built and painted, built and un painted, on sprue, in pieces ... I just cant get enough!!!  Too many land Raiders, and more dreadnoughts than you can shake a stick at! 

I dont play much, I just love building and painting TDA mini's - and as we all know; there is only 1 Legion, erm, Chapter, that does it best...

my name is lhg033 and I am a DW addict.

I have around 30 painted DW and 1 painted landraider which may be considered reasonable. However, I also have the best part of another 30-40 unpainted tactical/assault terminators, 3 more landraiders and a couple of dreadnoughts + dark vengeance termies, plus battle for macragge termies,....  and when the *new* DW termies came out I accidentally bought 2 (or was it 3?) boxes which I've still yet to open.

similar story for Raven and Greenwing though to be fair. I have no idea how many unfinished/unstarted projects I have knocking around. whatever the intention, when I revisit them they will end up as DA or a successor chapter.

oh, and I haven't played since 4th edition and its been a good year or so since I last painted anything so don't really have any justification to buy new stuff but I ended up in a GW store Saturday and picked up the new DA upgrade sprue.

Hi, I'm olataro. Im a RW DW combo addict. I recently, after saving money bought a deathwing knight set. After assembling it, I stopped and paint my model to affection.............

NO I DIDNT! I Just ASSEMBLED! I WANT MOARRRR!!! MOAR DEATHWING KNIGHTS!! I WANT MOOARRR DEATHWING!!!!!! MOAR I TELL YOU!!!

Hey, I'm Isiah and a DW addict.

In fact, Terminator addict full stop. Grey Knights or Deathwing -- they're all the same fix for me.

It's hard keeping such a shameful addiction under wraps. Yes I've had affairs with the Inquisition, the Astra Militarum and Tempestus Scions - I guess we've all 'played away' at some point right msn-wink.gif . But when it comes down to it I can't resist a big round base and oversized armour! I even feel dirty for saying it smile.png

Through the harsh rules-winters of AP2 spam I've held on grimly, determined that 2+/5++ and Fearless and bone armour would one day come good.

I guess my real low point came waaaaay back in pre-4th edition DA Codex where with two heavy weapons per squad our rending assault cannons ruled the tabletop. Where you could deploy under 20 models on the tabletop and still win. It felt good. And I was hooked.

I've been advised that hiding my addiction in GW cases under the computer cupboard and in various places around the house doesn't count as 'giving up'. I'm just lying to myself it seems.

The prescribed 'Belial' medicine has been hard to swallow, but swallow I have. Anything to at least maintain some face in a tide of pitying looks, sniggers and tut-tuts.

But really sympathy is the last thing I need. I just need more Deathwing tongue.png.

There, now I'm just glad it's all off my chest.

Cheers

I

My name is DA_WarM.  I started my addiction with old metal terminators.  I have more than 20 of these with assault cannons, cyclones (and targeter) and chain fists.  I even have two old librarians and an old chaplain!  I started picking up the new termies when they were released and I now have more than 40 of them with all possible weapons.  Since I was playing DA and not ultra-smurf and there was no Deathwing terminators at that point, I bought several shoulder pads from Forge World to upgrade all my terminators.  I bought two Ravenwing battleforces for the various upgrades (terminator assault cannons, swords and legs).  I also have three dreadnoughts, a Mk. V Mortis, a chaplain dreadnought and a FW venerable and three land raiders.

My all terminator army is mostly painted but I need to paint my recent additions : 8 knights and 5 DWCS w/ apothecary (yes, I was able to spare a terminator for that), standard bearer and champion (I love that +2S AP2 halberd).

I know it may not be competitive but I love to see my opponents face when I deep strike 35 terminators at the same time!

I have been running mine lately with as many storm shields as I can get. Perhaps not the most competitive build, but it is humorous to hear the groans from my opponent when the weapons he normally uses to wipe termies out of existence are hamstrung!

This thread has been so helpful to me in coping with my DW addiction, it has easily became my favorite thread, that being said....I had a moment of weakness the other day when I accidently deepstruck to groups of 10 termies onto the battlefield  for fun.......and twinlinked/split fired 70% of a chaos marine army to the warp.....did i feel shame? no my cyclone missiles and flamers did adequate job of making sure that shame washed away in a cleansing flame of joy and redemption. Did I win the match? No......sadly it was maelstrom and two big blobs just dont walk very fast......but i did precision shoot the warlord with belial for a kill!

It wasnt the most effective strategy, not competitive in the least bit, but it felt so so so good to drop a DW bomb.

My name is Brother Gosford and I am addicted to hunting the Fallen in all forms. My addiction began with Deathwing, quickly spilled into a large Ravenwing force, and continued into a full 4th Company of Greenwing.

My Deathwing has a losing record too high to count, but the victories had, I can still taste in my mouth. My most recent victory, against the treacherous Thousand Sons.  

My Ravenwing have been bloodied, bruised, and beaten, yet they still rev their engines hot. 

My Greenwing have redefined the definition of mediocrity, yet they still still stand strong and stubborn.

I am a son of the Lion. I am a product of the Emperor himself. I am a Dark Angel. I am the First.

Hi my name is Brother Paul, and I am THE Deathwing addict.

I came to the addiction after starting this game as a Bug player. I slowly started acquiring Deathwing during the 4th edition book of 5th edition era. I once tried to feed my addiction with different terminators, but Deathwing are my boys.

I can currently put my hands on more than 115 DW Terminators, 40 DW Knights, 15 TDA Int. Chaplains, 20 TDA Librarians, 15 Dreadnoughts, dozen Land Raiders, and a pair of Storm Eagles.

My Deathwing force clocks in at over 20k points.

I will never give up my addiction and will continue to feed additional support units into my first company.

Paul

Archived