DW Adicts Anonymous

deadangel101

Hi, my name is Blank and I, too, am a Deathwing Addict. My addiction first started about 13 years ago, in 3E, when I bought our supplement codex(2nd Edition). I saw a passage that read:

"Deathwing Terminator Squads may be taken as Elites, Troops, Fast Attack and Heavy Support choices for the purposes of the Force Organization Chart."

Ahhh... those were the days.

Are you sure that was 2nd/3rd?  I don't think the FOC came into play until 4th.  Before that, we were (more or less) unbound in army selection.  The number of squads you could take of each given type was delineated in each unit entry.

I love DW since 2nd Edition codex...

I had a 5 man of metal DW terminators with sgt, 1 AC and 3 troopers...

But it was with 4th Edition codex and the veteran sprue upgrades for the plastic terminators That My DW Collection really started to grow...

Now i own about 40 DWT, 10 DWK, 1 DWCS, 1 DW dreadnought, 1 DW LRC, a converted Belial, a Master in TDA, a TDA Chaplain, and now i am planning to convert a Plastic TDA librarian to DA standards...

My name is james and I am a DW addict. 

This all began when I was a little one and in the corner of a local comic shop I saw the cover old dark millennium box. I got back into the hobby earlier this year and built a huge BA force. Before noticing the new DW models... About a month of putting drop pods and models together only to sell them and proudly purchase an entire DW force with the announcement of the new codex. I've not accepted the fact I will probably lose every game in this grim future :)

My name is irrelevant, know only that I am a deathwing addict and to this day unrepentant for this fact. My obsession started with the arrival of 3rd during the dark days when terminators knew not the protection of the crux terminatus, legends of the protective quality of tactical dreadnought armour of old (by this I mean 2nd edition) were but myths yet still I could not resist the lure of them. I have mellowed over time, I now embrace all aspects of the Dark angels chapter but ultimately I will always return to 1st company and their stubborn resolve.

So here I am again.biggrin.png

My name is HM and I fear i'm quickly becoming a DW addict!

I had it all!!..great job, loving wife, amazing kids and a beautiful home..now all those things have gone!

My interest in work is now virtually non existent as all my waking day is spend thinking of how to give my DW the best paint scheme possible, verbal and now written warnings have been issued due to excessive time spent browsing the internet for that spark of inspiration.

The wife shuns me, the occasional nod of the head when we pass each other on the stairs is all the loving i now receive ;(..the kids don't talk to me any more and i fear the little respect they had for me has vanished, long gone are those hazy days of sun kissed merriment, the type of lazy days spent in the local park or out on carefree walks through the county side.

It all started when a so-called friend offered me a spare terminator he had so as to practise my painting.."go on" he said, "its only the one terminator, it wont hurt, no one needs to know"....that was five months ago and that one single terminator has now turned into a command squad a month habbit!

I fear i may be passed the point of salvation, but you know what?......I dont care and feel no shame! i'll hold my head high and proudly declare...

I AM A DEATHWING ADDICT!.....Amen!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/vgfdkp9sk5mfysc/AABpmw7VaO_re3IlXxljkRj-a

Hi. People used to know me as Gideon (or Brother Gideon). I have the first company. Many of them 3rd edition models. I'm addicted to tactical dreadnought armor. I must admit that it was my gateway drug to Ravenwing. And I can't stop.

Archived