Blood Angels 7th edition

Guardsman1275

Do you want to win tournaments?

If not, then don't worry about all the competitive/not competitive BS.

Too many players are put off by internet avatars saying "don't play this, you'll lose" etc

If the goal of the game is having fun, then pick the army you like, and paint it to the best of your ability.

Even in beer (Belgian Trappist ales - drink responsibly) and pretzels (samosas in my case) games there's still a winner and looser - it's still a competitive game. It's not exclusive to tournaments.

Neither is having fun exclusive to beer and pretzels games.

Regardless of the type of game you have to (really) not care about winning due to the state of the rules

I dunno, the most difficult thing for me is getting time to know about what my opponents can do, so I can be prepared for a game and not be surprised by some special rule set.  

We can get a game-wide +1I, +1S on the charge, and sometimes +1WS, and sometimes +2A.  We can jump or drive everywhere.  We can jump off perfectly good flying bricks.  We have weapons that are unique to BAs.  It is simplistic in concept, and awesome in action.  More power weapons, more AP1 pistols, more crazy characters.  

Tonight I'll get the new SM codex, and certainly it has some things that would be pretty cool (for Ultramarines), but there will also be negatives.  

Last night I finished "building" my new BA formation-required models...should hopefully have them on the table next week...

Archived