First Among Equals - Legio I, the Dark Angels

86th Order

I Legio

Dark Angels

"The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels."

- Unknown, M1

"I stood amongst the Thunder Warriors as they fell like weath before the Skandi warlocks. I saw the Saturn shipyards ablaze like torches, and millions perish in instants. I knelt alongside the Emperor and wept with Him, as we beheld the Gangres Diaspora die in the billions as their sun was murdered by the Eaters. I have seen Gloriana battleships falling from the skies like hail, and I have slaughtered thousands under the gaze of seven Primarchs. That you stand before me now is less a threat than an insult."

- Avishai Xun, Lord of the 86th Order, Legio I Astartes

"And when the lamb opened the seventh seal

There was in heaven a silence

Seven angels, seven trumpets

Preparing to sound"

- Unknown, M3

Avishai Xun

"The Wanderer", Conqueror of the Karth Cluster, Chapter Master of the 1st, Honorary Captain of the 12th, Recipient of the Terra Majoris Triplex, Commander of the Perdition's Light, Fleet Master of the 86th Expeditionary Fleet

_______

Another Heresy project. As usual, progress will most likely be supremely slow, so now you have been warned msn-wink.gif Thanks to Deiex and JackDaw for huge amounts of inspiration for this log. Next up is probably some pretty heavy-armoured Astartes, either equipped as a Veteran squad or as an Autocannon support squad. Reserving the decision until the models arrive.

Cheers,

BTB

AlphariusOmegon108 - Thank you! Check out Deiex plog on Warseer if you haven't seen it before, loads of inspiration in there.

A lone Dark Angel has been spotted picking his way through an area of dense yet colorful battlefield debris...

Found an Iron Hands marine in need of Dark Angelification basically. Better pictures tomorrow. Also ordered a set of Mark II armour, so half a tactical squad is what's hot. Thinking that most of the army will have mk. II. Never been a huge fan of the pattern until now, but it just goes damn well with the First Legion.

Cheers,
BTB

That is awesome on so many levels! I absolutely love Avishai, its a fantastic model, especially with the detailing on the shield.

I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this one.

JackDaw - Back at you!  I feel I have to catch up a bit here, aiming at at least 1000 pts to finally have something playable in 30k. Word Beaers were fun, but ultimately the painting process was a bit tedious and the possibility for add ons/allies smaller (I like my Knight Titans clean and Imperial ;) ).

TerraZero20 - Thanks! Glad to have you on board.

Finished Astartes:

“The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he came from. And if he was really evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have stayed there in peace. War will make corpses of us all.”
- Author of the Fantasies, Jer Tol'ken, M2

“Midway upon the journey of our life, I found myself within a forest dark, for the straightforward pathway had been lost.”
- The Philosopher Dante, M2

Kinneret Alexander

Astartes of the 86th Order of the Legio I Dark Angels, Son of Terra. Stood tall at the Gates of Cintellis, never fell at Agamnon, bore the burden at the Towers of Momaranth.

______

Kind of an anomaly as I'm not planning for more Mk.III Astartes, I'm really at something of a loss as to where this fella will end up. Command squad Veteran? Seems a little too un-fancy for that though. On a related note: The Mk.II Marines don't seem to have many areas suitable for fancy golden detailing. Any ideas how I can avoid making them look all gold on their upper bodies and just plain black on their legs? Seems like it could be a bit unbalanced, at least when I picture it in my mind.

Added some more bling to the Chapter Master as well, because, well, first Legion:

Cheers,
BTB

Archived