Fluff help with DA beating Necrons

ZONKEY

They are hard, but not impossible to kill. If you fight them on their own tomb worlds, yes, the task is nigh on impossible, so the best is jut unleash cyclonic torpedoes and full Exterminatus. If the fight is other than their tomb world then the task becomes easier because their resources will be finite. At least IMHO.

DA are an ancient Legion Chapter so maybe we got some toys that help...

I think a fight against the Necrons would require the assembly of Company Veterans and the Deathwing to get down and dirty with their power swords and fists, running down the vile machines with vengeance!  Coupled with some of our Chapter's most capable Librarians, victory would of course be ours!

There is no special Anti-Necron bolt ammunition. Fluff wise you shoot them until they are disabled. Lascannons, plasmaguns and melta will do it more efficiently than bolters, but bolters will also do the job.

Well Vengeance rounds would certainly keep them from getting back up.

Do you think the dark angels tech priests could ever capture necron to learn there secrets?

No, as far as I know they were never a successful capture of necrons. Even their gauss weaponry is an impossibility to the imperium. Their level of tech is far beyond humanity"s current capabilities.

It is possible to defeat necrons outside of their tomb world's but even so, necron battleships can teleport unnoticed behind imperium ship gunline and blast them apart. Even in normal battles, there are necrons so powerful that they can trap squads of marine in a time loop to study them. Their powers are terrifying, and the ctan even more so.

I don't think I"ve read any fluff about DA versus crons, but Dante was made a fool of by the Silent King while Khan was beaten by Obyron and was spared only by the insane but noble Zahndrekh

Do you think the dark angels tech priests could ever capture necron to learn there secrets?

No, as far as I know they were never a successful capture of necrons. Even their gauss weaponry is an impossibility to the imperium. Their level of tech is far beyond humanity"s current capabilities.

It is possible to defeat necrons outside of their tomb world's but even so, necron battleships can teleport unnoticed behind imperium ship gunline and blast them apart. Even in normal battles, there are necrons so powerful that they can trap squads of marine in a time loop to study them. Their powers are terrifying, and the ctan even more so.

I don't think I"ve read any fluff about DA versus crons, but Dante was made a fool of by the Silent King while Khan was beaten by Obyron and was spared only by the insane but noble Zahndrekh

IIRC the Mechanicum is able to understand what Gauss tech is, just that they can't use it because the power generation required to arm such a weapon would be infeasible.

IIRC the Mechanicum is able to understand what Gauss tech is, just that they can't use it because the power generation required to arm such a weapon would be infeasible.

And any small imperfections will cause the weapon to blow up.

Archived