Crisis of Faith

OK I have just painted the first 5 marines of a tactical squad and I am kind of thinking maybe I am on the wrong path...

I love what I have done with the Blades in the past but I am really wondering maybe its time for a change?

So I want to ask my fellow Unforgiven for advice.

Do I continue the Blades of Alaric or do I switch to the Zealots of the Emperor

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/spacemarine_zpsco13rs7r.jpg

Zealot of the Emperor

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/Master_zpsmrtrnlhx.jpg

Blade of Alaric

Well, why not have a go at doing a test mini for the Zealots to see how you might feel about painting a whole army. If you like the completed model then go for it. Personally, I think the Blades look excellent.

Painting black and white ravenwing is terribly, terribly difficult.   Just about the time you get the white where you want it you smudge black on it and vice versa...    I think you will have that problem with the Zealots but have a try and see what you think like Gilly suggests.

Well maybe you could use the zealot of the emperor model to represent senior officers? they bear different colors to signify their inclusion to the inner circles?  It's a very similar palette you got goin there.  I like both.

Well maybe you could use the zealot of the emperor model to represent senior officers? they bear different colors to signify their inclusion to the inner circles?  It's a very similar palette you got goin there.  I like both.

I like this idea and i second it, if your DW were done in the zealot scheme and your greenwing done in the red I think it would have a very fearsome presence on the field. 

I like this idea and i second it, if your DW were done in the zealot scheme and your greenwing done in the red I think it would have a very fearsome presence on the field. 

To both of you that gives me an idea :)... Company Masters have the colour scheme reversed so Cream/Bone armour Red Robes...

Well maybe you could use the zealot of the emperor model to represent senior officers? they bear different colors to signify their inclusion to the inner circles? It's a very similar palette you got goin there. I like both.

To both of you that gives me an idea smile.png... Company Masters have the colour scheme reversed so Cream/Bone armour Red Robes...

Now we are talking! Keep the brainstorm flowing! The delema you face of having to choose is mute when you can better yet combined to satisfy both options you have.

Or do a Joint task force of both! I am happy with my mixed Unforgiven force.

While I agree that your Blades are something to behold and hopefully the photos of them will be around a long time as inspiration to others that red can be done. (I wouldn't mind a tutorial about how you accomplished that feat. I think it is time to add another few members to my Joint Force). I can also see a need for a change. Even a five man squad may be enough of a break, gives you a different challenge and revitalize you to continue painting.

LOL, I think I may have preemptively stolen some of Arkley's Zealots and put them on bikes. :D

Definitely do some of each, even if you just use an alternate scheme as your command units! Love it! :yes: :tu: :D

With all the formations floating around here and there, I think that different color scheme could help a lot identifying which squad belongs to which formation... Particularly with ally system

Let's say for example you want to play a half company of DA + a Sky hammer annihilation force.

The DA assault squads and deva will have different rules comparing to the sky hammer ones so it's always simpler to say

"Well the guys in red are stubborn and have obj secured and the guys in white are not stubborn but have combat doctrines and formation special rules"

That's actually what I try to do with successors : use them as allies and try to represent possible formation... The skyhammer formation could perfectly represent the Angels of Vengeance brutality for example.

• 3 months later...
Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, September 19, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, September 19, 2015 - No reason given

With all the formations floating around here and there, I think that different color scheme could help a lot identifying which squad belongs to which formation... Particularly with ally system

Let's say for example you want to play a half company of DA + a Sky hammer annihilation force.

The DA assault squads and deva will have different rules comparing to the sky hammer ones so it's always simpler to say

"Well the guys in red are stubborn and have obj secured and the guys in white are not stubborn but have combat doctrines and formation special rules"

That's actually what I try to do with successors : use them as allies and try to represent possible formation... The skyhammer formation could perfectly represent the Angels of Vengeance brutality for example.

I like this Idea a lot. I have been playing around with the idea of fielding a Demi with a Skyhammer formation. Initially I was thinkning it might be cool to go with Imperial Fist's and go Green and Yellow. But I really like the idea of taking the Angels of Absolution as you said it really fits well.

This is a great idea for you as well Brother Arkley

Archived