Dark Angels Limited Edition

I have the digital Cypher dataslate and think the hard copy will be very useful. I don't own the hardware to easily share it with my opponent at the table so a paper version that I can hand over with the model makes it much easier to play the scenarios.

Still don't like that shade of green, but it's not a deal breaker.

News about the Talon should be in the rumor thread. This one is a LE discussion. Just sayin'. ;)

Yeah of course, I'm just saying that the cost of 2 flyers + magnets to swap weapons will be worth it more than this Lim ed. version (though being really nice) ;)

I preordered a LE codex...

I Know that's a waste of money but DA are my first 40k army i started 20 years ago...

I want that LE box... biggrin.png

Who says it's a waste of money? People going to bars drinking can be a waste of money. People smoking can be a waste of money. My wife going to bingo can be a waste of money.

It's not a waste of money if it's something YOU want. People like to go out drink. People like to smoke. People like to go to bingo. For them it's not a waste of money. It's something they like to do and enjoy.

So don't feel bad that it's a waste of money. It's not. If you want it then get it. Don't let anyone say it's a waste of money. After all buying something for $50 that costs 50 cents to make can be considered a waste of money as well. As long as it has worth to you, then that is all that matters and doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks.

I think with how frequent a codex comes out, i think its well worth the money to get. Especially if its your primary army. Is it worth 3 times as much? Well thats a debate on marginal value. As long as they stay under 200 USD, I think these will always sell out.

Can't find my post I made about the Limited edition codex. I was given a link here. I thought at worst post would have been locked but deleted?

Anyways I will repost it here. Can anyone explain to me what are the contents for? I haven't played since 5th edition. I only collect and quit and came back and quit and coming back again. I would like if someone can explain to me what the stuff means. I mean I know the codex is for fluff and rules. But what about the coins? What is the other book? Is it an art book or something else? What are the cards for? Do I still have to buy the other cards that GW is selling as well? So do I have to buy the limited edition codex and the other cards as well or are these cards included? Is there anything else in there that I missed asking?

The only limited edition book I bought was Tyranids, but it was only the cover. Now we have extra goodies in there so not sure what they are and expect. I never bought a limited edition codex with other stuff included so I don't know what to expect. 

I want to buy the limited edition book just want to make sure to see if it's worth it for me. 

The only thing you 'need' is the dex, the cards are info like missions/psychic powers/formations etc that you will find in the dex anyway. The coins can be used for objective markers and are really just nice trinkets. The second book was rumoured to be an art book but has since been seen as the Cypher dataslate in book form.

I personally only want the book, the other stuff will just sit in the manshed and gather dust. I just really hope the green is darker than that image, it probably is so I'm not too worried.

bs

The only thing you 'need' is the dex, the cards are info like missions/psychic powers/formations etc that you will find in the dex anyway. The coins can be used for objective markers and are really just nice trinkets. The second book was rumoured to be an art book but has since been seen as the Cypher dataslate in book form.

I personally only want the book, the other stuff will just sit in the manshed and gather dust. I just really hope the green is darker than that image, it probably is so I'm not too worried.

bs

We expect a nice review of the LE version :)

If you want a sneak peak of the release before your local release time, you can always check out the New Zealand GW site.

Where I am at, the releases come online at 2:00 PM Atlantic time.

That's about when the Space Marine preorders went up - sometime between noon and 2pm Eastern.  Hopefully they allocate a certain amount of availability of limited items, throughout the day - otherwise I can see 900 of the limited Codex selling out well before the US preorders come online.

If they don't do it that way, then they really need to make preorders available worldwide at the same actual time - this may mean that the Eastern hemisphere waits a little longer while the Western Hemisphere sees it early in their morning, but that's not really much different from how things currently work.  Do it at midnight GMT if you must.

I got an email from GW at 2:17 on June 13th with an ad for the new librarian and the Ultramarine painting guide.  I am assuming that is when they become available to order.  Also when I am at the LGW, they will announce that the new products are available for preorder too.

I must wait another 16 hours to order, then another week for it to get here and then another two weeks to get it on my birthday.  

Congrats, Brother Stobz!  But I must say that I am a little jealous.

I tried to order the LE codex, and one of everything else from this release from the GW NZ online store... I hand entered my address too.  All was going well until I saw that my correct shipping address and zip code was marked for New Zealand shipping... I see sneaky GW won't let us get around the issue of ordering stuff from a different countries' GW store :(

Was worth a try... As for the selling out bit, that won't happen.  They assign a certain number of books to each country based on sales.  This is why certain things like the Skyhammer formation are sold out in the usa (only 200 were available to us), but the formation is still being sold on the Australian site (only 200 allotted to them as well).  I'm guessing the USA will get 350-500 books due to the amount of sales we generate.  Well, and Pretty much every other LE codex lasts for several hours to several days before they sell out due to the price and brief time of relevance for the books.

Congrats Stobz!  Maybe you'll get book #1!  As for me, the short, but yet seemingly long wait begins...

Archived