Dark Angels Limited Edition

It will be interesting to see how long these things stay on the shelves. Also, it would be cool to know what number everyone gets too. I'll post mine if I am able to order one.

Tomorrow's plan, go to the GW for opening to get the latest White Dwarf and then sit around the computer all day waiting for the codex to come online! Oh, and paint my LCR too!

With the old space marine codex, I managed to order the LE second founding from England and mailed to my US address without issues. It cost more but worth it. On a side note, its currently cheaper to order the skyhammer from England (which is still available) than from the US (which is sold out)

Looool how people even dare to complain about GW prices when there is soo many fanatics readily asking to be milked tongue.png

If people have the money to splurge, that's their prerogative. If castigating those who chose to do so makes you feel better, I pity you rolleyes.gif

With the old space marine codex, I managed to order the LE second founding from England and mailed to my US address without issues. It cost more but worth it. On a side note, its currently cheaper to order the skyhammer from England (which is still available) than from the US (which is sold out)

How is it possible to order the Skyhammer (or the marine codex, or anything) from the UK site and ship to the US or Canada? Did you just input the city in the first address line, country under the city field, zip code under the postal code, and hope for the best?

(Sorry for the off-topic Q...just keen to learn any tactics to help grab web-exclusive stuff.)

Man, looks like im not going to get my hopes up for LE in the U.S.

Talk about missing the mark on the amoint of copies on GWs part. This whole region locked/limited per region release is crummy.

I will probably regret not getting the Limited Edition, but I will be using the cost difference for models to enhance my Battle Company further, since I'm pretty much assured that those will be usable forever with a little tweaking. The LE is pretty and I really like the cool artwork, but it's all been seen before and I'll just have to make my own custom DA objective markers.

I'm of the same mind.  I'm looking at it and trying to justify the extra hundred bucks... and I just can't.  It's beautiful, but the practical part of me sees the price difference as a couple more squads, rather than a pretty book which is going to need that dust cover a couple years down the road.

Did not expect it to be gone that quickly. Seems like all those undercover DA crawled out of their caves and got one biggrin.png

A brother that came crawling out of their cave here. The fact that DA is being released AFTER the Space Marine Codex has given me some hope that we'll have a somewhat competitive book tongue.png

Well it looks like I missed out. Kept refreshing all the time and got tired of doing it.

This is so stupid. Well now I don't need the codex since I can just pick it up when ever now. Shame I wanted it, but now I don't even feel like finishing my army now. Yes I can always get the regular edition codex, but I didn't want it. It just doesn't give me the WOW that the Limited Edition was giving me.

It just seems GW doesn't want my money. :(

Well it looks like I missed out. Kept refreshing all the time and got tired of doing it.

This is so stupid. Well now I don't need the codex since I can just pick it up when ever now. Shame I wanted it, but now I don't even feel like finishing my army now. Yes I can always get the regular edition codex, but I didn't want it. It just doesn't give me the WOW that the Limited Edition was giving me.

It just seems GW doesn't want my money. :(

I hear you, I missed out on the Dark Eldar codex. It only took an hour huh?

GW could do better with these LE releases. But, depending on what their bean counters say, if they sold out they did exactly what they were expecting to do and didnt risk overproducing and not selling.

However I will point out that there is a little bit of fault on them for not understanding how popular DA is. For all we know, of the 900 copies, NZ/AUS got 100 and all the rest were split between Europe/UK and North America.

Archived