The Unforgiven (Novel) Advance Review Article

Landrick

Have any of you seen this yet?

http://www.talkwargaming.com/2015/06/black-library-advance-review-legacy-of.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Talkwargaming+%28TalkWargaming%29

There dont seem to be any spoilers from what I can tell.

Anyway, what are your thoughts DA players? This article has me (a BA) player excited and wanting to know more. I have always wanted to like the DA, but my perception of the whole "hunting fallen > any else" and "none can question our deep brooding secrets" air made them inaccessible to me. This really makes me question that. What do y'all think?

I've read Angels of Darkness but I've been apprehensive to read the Legacy of Caliban series because of the sometimes horrible liberties that Gav Thorpe takes with the established Dark Angels canon.  He has no regard for progression through the ranks and an utter disdain for the way the Inner Circle should operate.  

It's like "Oops! You found out about the Fallen somehow? Guess what, you're Inner Circle now." Or worse yet, "I have to tell you about the Fallen, so I guess I'll have to make you Inner Circle."

Gav Thorpe is no Aaron Dembski-Bowden, that's for damn sure. As much as I love reading about Dark Angels, Gav will never pen the likes of "For the Fallen".

Was this part of a trilogy or something? I've only read Angels of Darkness before, are there others I should read before this one?

Where have you been tongue.png ? Yes it's the last part of the Legacy of Caliban trilogy. The other two books being Ravenwing and Master of Sanctity.

I've yet to read any of them. But might now make the effort dry.png.

Thanks for the review find Landrick.

Cheers

I

Was this part of a trilogy or something? I've only read Angels of Darkness before, are there others I should read before this one?

Where have you been tongue.png ? Yes it's the last part of the Legacy of Caliban trilogy. The other two books being Ravenwing and Master of Sanctity.

I've yet to read any of them. But might now make the effort dry.png.

Thanks for the review find Landrick.

Cheers

I

Lol I've been in heresy land where the sum of ADB's angels and Abnett's Spiritual Liege Lion are better than the whole of Thorpe's 40k angels. I've only read AoD and The Lion, but the latter was kinda meh. I've been a bit turned off from his books but the review sounded good :)

You don't see me around this forum very much, but I've been playing Dark Angels since 2008 and they are my largest -and most loved- 40k army.

And I do not really care about the new codex. 

BUT I CAN'T HOLD MY HYPE FOR THIS BOOK!

Expecially after this review, I just want to know what happens.

Archived