Did YOU already write an e-mail to GW asking for an errata?

Greetings. 

I've noticed that the recent Space Marine codex has been released with some glaringly odd and notable disparities between the Blood Angel code released 6 months ago.  

Identical units are costed differently and formations offer more flexibility and power for regular sized games than ever before (as opposed to the "fluffy-but-barely-useable" plethora of formations the BA had cobbled together) . 

Are GW planning on releasing an errata or a FAQ to bring these disparities in line?

Thanks so much, 

Brindley

here's mine.

Hello!

I am writing to ask whether there are plans to release an errata for the Blood Angels codex to bring things in line with the new stat lines and costings in the newly released Space Marine codex, namely the WS and BS of scouts, the A value of dreadnaughts, and the point cost of terminators :D I ask as I know this has occurred before, when older codexes (black templars, dark angels 4th ed) were brought into line with new weapon stats in 5th ed, like storm shields and cyclone launchers.

I eagerly await your response!

Dan

Sent this.

The last FAQ the BA got was for codex 5th editions to keep it in match with the 6th editions rulesbook, since that time, BA got no FAQ.

I fear that we could got no FAQ at all, for the many change that our codex need are beyond what a FAQ could provide....it's litteraly like the december codex was a 6th edition codex, and that we have to wait for a 7th edition one....

The way it go, it would be faster to rewrite the codex by ourselves....

I'm hoping for a minimum FAQ just to smooth out Scout's WS/BS, VanVets (points costs, yes, Heroic Intervention could be slightly different for us for fluff purposes, even though ours is borderline useless...) and Dread Attacks.

No Grav Cannons is a shame but we get a Heavy Flamer (although it would be nice having Parity to be able to take 4 HF in a Dev squad!)

On DA though, wow... Glad they finally got a nice, fluffy & powerful book (the best kind!), just a very big shame we are once again left with a cool, but over-costed book!

But who knows, maybe we'll have another Red Christmas!

Yeah, I'm stoked for the DA guys and I'm starting to build a small Salamander force to accompany my BA army into battle. Where I'll be moving to holds a tournament every year that goes all the way up to 4000 pts. I was going to run Space Wolves and Blood Angels but I think I'll let my buddy borrow my Wolves and I'll do Blood Angels/Salamanders and try to Melta my way to the top. 

Here's mine:

Hello,

I only just (within the last month) bought my Blood Angels codex (it's in fact still shrink wrapped..) and have noticed that many unit profiles and universal rules are widely off-base with how they are represented in Codex: Space Marines, and Codex: Dark Angels - two new codices released less than 6 months after my 35 GBP book.

Considering I did not buy the book as simply a comic or novel, should I be expecting an FAQ/Errata anytime soon?  If not, could you please refer me to a customer rep who will assist me with the returns process (I still have my receipt from GW Copenhagen where I bought it from, I believe) as what I have purchased is very obviously a broken product?

Please be forewarned that attempts at trying to tell me that my Codex is fine and I should enjoy my time with it until the next release will only further aggravate me and predispose me towards suing your company for knowingly releasing a broken product - and I do have both the time and resources to do this.

Kind Regards,

I'd argue that's a little too aggressive and probably won't make it past the copy paste answer. I don't think you have grounds to sue either...

I wouldn't mind trying taking them to an EU consumer's court at all. The EU doesn't take this kind of censored.gif lightly. At All.

"Hi there,

With the recent release of the new Space Marine codex and the changes that have been made to some standard units, I wondered if there were plans to release an Errata to bring these exact same units from the BA codex in to line with them (the Blood Angels are a codex compliant chapter after all!) The main changes I am referring to are listed below:

Vanguard Veterans - Cheaper weapon upgrades and re-rolling charge distance

Scouts - WS and BS both increased to 4

Dreadnoughts - Now 4 attacks base

Vehicles - Can now be taken in squadrons

Terminators - Points decreased

Devastators - Access to grav cannons.

It makes sense to me that points values, weapons options and base stats for identical units across these codices should be the same, there's no reason I can think of why BA scouts should be worse at shooting and fighting than Ultramarine scouts for example.

I obviously don't want Blood Angels to just become red Space Marines and I am not asking for access to Centurions or Thunderfire Cannons. Like many other BA players I love our codex but this just feels a little frustrating when our codex was released only 6 months ago.

Thank you very much for your time"

I sent this 4 days ago, no reply yet. It was difficult to sound courteous yet frustrated!

Here's mine:

Hello,

I only just (within the last month) bought my Blood Angels codex (it's in fact still shrink wrapped..) and have noticed that many unit profiles and universal rules are widely off-base with how they are represented in Codex: Space Marines, and Codex: Dark Angels - two new codices released less than 6 months after my 35 GBP book.

Considering I did not buy the book as simply a comic or novel, should I be expecting an FAQ/Errata anytime soon?  If not, could you please refer me to a customer rep who will assist me with the returns process (I still have my receipt from GW Copenhagen where I bought it from, I believe) as what I have purchased is very obviously a broken product?

Please be forewarned that attempts at trying to tell me that my Codex is fine and I should enjoy my time with it until the next release will only further aggravate me and predispose me towards suing your company for knowingly releasing a broken product - and I do have both the time and resources to do this.

Kind Regards,

Im sorry but that last line in this email is pretty silly...  Unless there are physical damages to the book you purchased that is just silly...  Good luck with your legal actions.  And I can guarantee that the customer service rep that you just sent that too got a good laugh out of your submission. 

I'd argue that's a little too aggressive and probably won't make it past the copy paste answer. I don't think you have grounds to sue either...

I wouldn't mind trying taking them to an EU consumer's court at all. The EU doesn't take this kind of censored.gif lightly. At All.

"All points costs and options are correct at time of printing"

Stuff just gets outdated. I think they would laugh at legal action, especially over email.

"All points costs and options are correct at time of printing"

Stuff just gets outdated. I think they would laugh at legal action, especially over email.

I've already successfully sued HBO over this seasons ending of Game of Thrones. Won 20 million bucks.

The book was releases as a seventh edition codex and got outdatd in six months and before the edition ended. That has no legs in an EU court? You just dont know EU consumer law guys.

I'm very keen to hear more, because as it stands there are some questions that pop up. 

Are you able to prove that you cannot use it? Or that you just cannot use it in a specific setting to obtain the results you desire?

The game inevitably works on a contract between two players that is dynamic and constantly interchangeable. The notion of "broken" or faulty is one based on personal perception, not any provable concept. Honestly and genuinely keen to hear otherwise or how the law protects consumers in this regard if its not the case though. 

The book was releases as a seventh edition codex and got outdatd in six months and before the edition ended. That has no legs in an EU court? You just dont know EU consumer law guys.

I'm very keen to hear more, because as it stands there are some questions that pop up.

Are you able to prove that you cannot use it? Or that you just cannot use it in a specific setting to obtain the results you desire?

The game inevitably works on a contract between two players that is dynamic and constantly interchangeable. The notion of "broken" or faulty is one based on personal perception, not any provable concept. Honestly and genuinely keen to hear otherwise or how the law protects consumers in this regard if its not the case though.

I don't have to prove that I CAN'T use it. I just have to prove that it has been made less useful by the actions of its own publisher, on purpose. They sold me side-rules that became outdated within the lifespan of the same revision of the game rules because they held on to and released a superior product within an unreasonable amount of time.

Also, about rules being a two player dynamic? That would all have been correct unless:

a) GW were not so anal about how they let you play inside their very own stores.

cool.png The way they patronize rules interpretations through clarifications, FAQ and errata also set precedent as GW being the ultimate rule maker for the game.

c) Also, the whole 'the rules are what you agree between two players' thing would simply crumble considering the very book you are selling is a rulebook; if the rules in it are worthless, then you are selling the product under false pretense in the first place. I could just buy the models, make up my own rules and play in your store, right? Well, wrong.

Would I win? I don't know, possibly not. Was it baseless? I don't think so. I just want them to acknowledge my return request. Otherwise, I *will* start out with escalating that. And that's a very easy issue to escalate.

Archived