Competitive list with astorgath?

78zrider

A huge block of jump pack death company. Support with two min units of death company with fists that he can jump into when block is whittled down/ use to block counter charges or soak up Wraithguard/ Dark Angel overwatch. Tag team a priest to boost Death Company WS and refuse challenges so Astorath isn't crushed by challenge beasts.

The list is really a one trick pony. Its hard to make too competitive BA lists now to be honest... but never stop trying!

I love the model myself and he's got great unit buffs. Usually I just take more death company instead of a chaplain or Astrorath.  But I won't argue, the rerolls are good.  I suppose if you could figure out a way to get that unit invisibility, a toughness bonus, and/or an invulnerable save and it'd be wild.

The vertias vitae would be helpful if you took someone else as warlord--specifically looking for infiltrate, but also move through ruins, or reroll reserves. Though i'd like to start them on the table, and a unit of this magnitude is going to need a lot of support to its resiliency.. The jump pack relic that helps against interceptor could also be nice.

I think the Baal Strike force is a good place to start for this one. Other formations don't immediately seem like a direct enhancement to this squad. I agree that using them in conjunction with other squads moving up could create too many death company for the opponent to deal with.  Still, there are some really nasty close combat things out there that even death company can't deal with very well. 

A huge block of jump pack death company. Support with two min units of death company with fists that he can jump into when block is whittled down/ use to block counter charges or soak up Wraithguard/ Dark Angel overwatch. Tag team a priest to boost Death Company WS and refuse challenges so Astorath isn't crushed by challenge beasts.

The list is really a one trick pony. Its hard to make too competitive BA lists now to be honest... but never stop trying!

Doesn't work like that unfortunately. If you refuse the challenge, your opponent get to pick, who doesn't fight.

Archived