Dreadnoughtwing

angel2burst

So with the new deathwing detachment who says that you need to take terminators besides your Hq so why not just take dreadnoughts you can properly fit 10 of them in drop pods with some upgrades in a 2000 points list, we just need a dread Hq and we can finally do the pure dread army. What do you think?

I've always loved my dreads, and now they better still!   I nearly always bring one, but it looks like they will be available in units of up to three, and that opens up the CAD options quite a bit, let alone with any detachments/formations also allow for.

I've always loved my dreads, and now they better still!   I nearly always bring one, but it looks like they will be available in units of up to three, and that opens up the CAD options quite a bit, let alone with any detachments/formations also allow for.

I could be wrong, but I think the data sheet for the formation specifically states they can only be taken in units of one? Of more interest is the rule about having ravenwing included in your force allows you to play some silly games with your reserve rolls.

I read it (in the Deathwing Redemption Force) as 0 - 1 Unit of Venerable Dreadnoughts - emphasis on the plural... And in the Battle Demi Company it says:  0 - 1 units of Dreadnoughts.  Which i take as a nod to the 1-3 Dreads in a unit...could well be wrong though and it is just 1, but since SM got theirs changed to include up to 3 i'd assume we will too ... not seen the Deathwing formation leaks yet so I wasnt sure how you'd field just Dreads (and a HQ) anyways, so my post could be a moot point :)

Archived