Rifleman Dreadnought

Indefragable

I know "regular" Dreadnoughts are overshadowed by Furioso, DC and Librarian ones but I can't lie that I really want to give Dante's avenging host a go and you need a "regular" Dread for that.

I have heard that the "rifleman" Dreadnought consisting of 2x TL autocannons (so 4x S7 AP4 Re-Rollable shots) has been pretty popular. My question is where does it say we can do this?

In the Codex, if I read it correctly, only says "may replace Power a Fist with a TL Autocannon." Where does it say we can swap out the Multi-Melta w/ another AC?

First line under options on the dreadnought page. Refer to the Dreadnought Weapons list on page 51. You will see the first weapon option is the twin-linked autocannon.

Edited to remove my reply because I didn't see you mention the separate weapon list at first.

First line under options on the dreadnought page. Refer to the Dreadnought Weapons list on page 51. You will see the first weapon option is the twin-linked autocannon.

Edited to remove my reply because I didn't see you mention the separate weapon list at first.

In the dreadnough weapon options in the armoury, as said in the first response in this thread biggrin.png

EDIT:

Posted between your comment and ninja edit.

Yes. If it has an initiative and attack stat, barring weird exceptions, it gets to fight.

However gains no benefit from Dread CCW, as you have chosen to swap it for an autocannon.

So a rifleman fights with 2x S6 attacks, at AP - .

I think the rifledread is really underated, often easy to give cover and can tarpit many drop pod units well. They usually get ignored early game, and late game there is often much less that can kill av12 making it pretty solid for objectives. Twinlinked and 48" range makes it so reliable for dealing with AV10/11 and high toughness models. I kitbashed a FW dread to make it look extra BA.

rifledread2.PNG

I prefer the twin linked autocannon paired with the las cannon. 

The TL-LC is a very real threat and will force a jink in situations when the autocannon is ignored or tanked. 

I used this exact configuration to keep the MMABs of a WS biker list taking snapshots all game. Probably won me that game as it kept my AV alive. 

So now my task is to somehow convert the leftover autocannons from my Hydra/Wyvern into something usable for a dread. The problem is I have just the barrels and ammo canisters and need something to attach them to.

Replace the barrels on a dread TT Lascannon with the autocannons, use the missile launcher shoulder to mount the other side on.

Archived