Is the Dark Vengeance expansion worth it?

Karhedron

My son is building up a Dark Angel army after picking up the DA half of a Dark Vengeance box. I persuaded him to wait until the new codex arrived before buying too much more in case whatever he bought turned out to be a poor choice.

Now that we have a rough idea what the new rules are, does the Dark Angel expansion look like a good buy? It has 1 Ravenwing Dark Talon, 3 Ravenwing Black Knights, and 5 Deathwing Knights. It represents a saving of about 25% compared to RRP. Are the options in the box a good addition ot his existing force?

His primary opponents are likely to be Necrons (his brother), Eldar (me) and other marines (basically, everyone else).

Any thoughts on the value of this box appreciated.

Given the rumors on the new Codex, it seems to be a worthy addition. Black Knights are cheaper, Nephilim/Dark Talon are improved (specially Dark Talon ) and DW Knights are also improved.

If you can wait to see some of the reports after people start playing with new dex, that should seal the deal.

Cheers.

Even if you're not planning on using one of the three units in there, you're still getting a good savings on the bundle.  It's like getting the third item for half off (or more).

I got my Dark Angels expansion box for $20 after trading in some old games, so even if I never use the jet it was a bargain for me.

Do you get the full kits for all 3? Can you make the Nephilim with the sprues you get?

You get all sprues in the box. So you can make a Nephilim, a DW Terminator unit and a RW Command Squad if you want.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.  Thanks.

Archived