Last dance with a soon to be dated codex

Pbenner

Hi guys,

Headed down tonight to take one final dance with my 6th edition DA codex. I have loaded up my 1520xl with between 3 and 4k points.

Hopefully I can find someone that brought down enough to game night to give it a good run. We will see.

Paul

Well,

A quick summary while it's fresh.

Deathwing  VS   Deathguard

Deathwing List:

Belial

Chaplain w/ Combi-Melta

DWCS w/ Fort, TH//SS x5, CML

DWCS w/ DWCB, TH//SS, AC//PF, Champ, LC

DWTS w/ TH//SS x2, LC//CML, LC

DWTS w/ TH//SS x2, LC//CML, LC

DWKS

+Ded. Trans. LR

Deathguard

Typhus

Plague Marines w/ Plasma x2, Fist on Champ, Rhino (x2)

Plague Marines w/ Flamer x2, Fist on Champ, Rhino (x2)

Predator (Full Las x2)

Land Raider

Mission - The Scouring

Deployment - Pitched Battle

Spencer (My opponent) has been a Long time player at this FLGS and is previously a Tyranid player moving into a new army.  While his forces were a little borrowed, and a little bit messy, he is a swell guy and always fun to play against.  Spencer got T1 and I opted not to attempt to seize due to Night Fighting.

Objectives were placed from about 18" in on the left and clustered pretty closely, we both wanted a slug fest.  

Deployment for him was spread the full 48" with the predators on the wings, Typhus solo in the LR and the Plague marines split to L and R with one of each between the LR and the PRedator, was a pretty nice spread.  

I deployed my LR w/Knights and both DWTS to the field in the back, hugging terrain for the bonuses.  Belial, Chaplain, and Fort banner go for DWA T2, other command squad goes into normal reserves.  

T1 saw not much happen, some positioning.

T2 saw my normal reserve squad appear (not good!!) and Belial come down next to the LR.  Chaplain fails to Melta the LR, shooting happens and I get First Blood on a Rhino with Split Fire.  Other command squad scatters badly and I fail my DT on the Banner Bearer (ouch!!)  I manage to obliterate the predator on the Right side with the LR.  

T3 Typhus wades comes out of his LR.  The right side of the field has all the action.  Plague Marines come out and start pumping shots into my guys, but TDA holds against bolts and the Shields hold against his Plasma.  He forgets that his weapons are Rapid Fire and not assault, so cannot fight this turn.  Typhus assaults Belial and Company, Belial wisely chooses to ignore Typhus taunts.  Sheilds hold against Typhus and his Daemon Weapon and the Hammers bring him down to 1 wound.  

T4 Typhus comes off the board.  I own the entire right half of the board outright, he has some stuff on the left.  He charges my DWTS headed for the big points objective and manages to hold me off there.  

T5 I managed to take out a few key contesting pieces like and claim objectives I need.  Game ends with 8 plague marines, a Rhino, and a Pred standing on his side.  On my side, I have not lost a single squad in whole, with my weakest unit being the lone Champion trying to finish beat sticking 3 plague marines.  Some good FNP at the end helped him stick.  

Score came down tied at the end 8 to 8

I was pleased as Spencer is one of the better players down at this store and I hadn't played for a year.  I would have had the game totally had it gone another round, probably sweeping the score to 4 to 12 or better, but alas it was not meant to be.  

Best,

Paul 

Shame the old codex didn't get you a win for your last game. Would have been a nice ending.

Hopefully the new codex will bring you many victories for the Lion!

My own last game was a pair of small 750 points games, one against Marines, one against Orks. I decided to go for a silly last list and took 5 DW Knights, a land raider redeemer, 3 black knights and 3 RW bikes with two meltas. I could see the look of "ha that's a tiny force this should be easy" on my opponents face, and then lost by one point to the Marines and won by 4 against a vastly larger Ork force. That was a nice ending, since I never beat that guys Orks.

Archived