Vallejo Fluo Colours, good for glowing effects?

Hail!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using Vallejo Model Color Fluo paints for power weapons, lenses & such things?

Perhaps you could post a pic or two showing what the results were, I'm looking for inspiration and have just got the colours in a set.

I looked into this kind of stuff before, after seeing the guys at Hirts Arts use some glow in the dark paint on some of their scenery.

Don't have any experience with the Vallejo colors, but aside from being really bright neon colors I don't think you'll get any special effect out of them without a blacklight. Here's a link to a thread that might be more helpful to you in that regard.

Vallejo Fluo Green lenses

I hope the picture shows up in decent quality.

Speck of white on the lens, followed with a few layers of Vallejo Fluo Green. If some of it "spills" out of the lens hole, just call it OSL.

I used fluoro red on my cultists lenses.   Blobbed it on top of a Khorne Red base.  Otherwise if looked a little on the orange side by itself.  Hope this helps.  

For what it's worth - i don't recommend the fluoro blue for anything really.   Maybe i got a bad bottle but I was really hoping to get a similar effect for plasma guns etc.  oh well. 

http://www.sinofdamnation.com/images/shared%20pics/cultist3.jpg

Actually messed about with the Blue on my Jump Pack exhausts and it looks pretty cool imo :D

I'll post a pic up when I post my ETL update pics up.

I've been experimenting with applying them over a greyscale and will at some point post some pics of that too :tu:

I use several in that range, mainly the blue and the green - and I've always been happy with the fluo effect. I mainly use it for eyes and plasma, as it is quite effective for that glowing, OSL effect. Glad to see you like it!

Actually messed about with the Blue on my Jump Pack exhausts and it looks pretty cool imo biggrin.png

I'll post a pic up when I post my ETL update pics up.

I've been experimenting with applying them over a greyscale and will at some point post some pics of that too thumbsup.gif

Is your blue thick and chunky? Just curious if I got a bad bottle.

The reds I use are really really thin however the blue comes out like toothpaste no matter how much I try to shake it up. Even tried taking the 'toothpaste' and thinning it with water and medium and it still wants to stay in blobs.

I may throw a ball bearing into the bottle and try to shake it up again. Would love to use this on power weapons and plasma.

It's quite thick, but I wouldn't say chunky.

Think you may have got a bad bottle :(

I recommend 5 - 6mm lava beads for agitators, they wont corrode at all and therefore wont taint your paints, also they're usually cheaper than bearings :tu:

Archived