Terminator Squad Setup

ChaosPhoenix

This is one of the never ending subjects, I know. But some things have changed and I think it's again up for discussion. I usually like mixed squads with an emphasis on close combat Terminators. It's just what I like. But ranged Terminators gained the following:

• Overwatch at BS2 - 4
  • Twin-linked ranged weapons in the deep-strike-turn
  • Enough abilities to deep strike without scattering

Which makes me want to use more ranged Terminators. But we're hitting at Ini 1, which is a lot worse than e.g. Grey Knight Terminators. So what do think? What is a good mix?

Same with chaplain lucifer. But with formations or detachments, perhaps it is not too bad to have a squad with all TH/SS and one heavy weapon like a cyclone or assault cannon, since u can still run and shoot to close the gap. And our termies would fold GK termies, they are equipped with AP3 nemesis weapons. We would just laugh them off, unless they pay for Nemesis hammer, and that point it will be almost the same as us and hit on I1 too. 

I personally love all THSS squads, but with this new dex there just too expencive... 5x THSS w/ a Cyclone is now 275 points... Granted its not much of a climb from the last codex, but when compared to other termy loadouts, and I hate to say it but, other codexes terminators...

My squads have typically been one cc weapon and one heavy if their deepstriking, with more cc weapons of their assaulting from transports:

My new load out will be:

Dwcs (or deathwing Knights haven't decided ye) these assault from a raider:

Protu, apothecary, heavy flamer, champion,one storm shield

Dwt 1: dark vengeance set

Dwt 2: plasma cannon & lightning claws

I'll probably sticking to tradition and making my sgt's stay with swords and storm bolters.

I usually keep 1 TH/SS in most squads. With sergeants able to have those legally again, half my squads will have them on the sergeants. It's just too good for challenges.

My DW Command Squad typically loads up on TH/SS, with the apothecary and a cyclone being the only guns (and the halberd for awesomeness)

I think we have more reason than ever to keep our DW squads mixed, and I expect the Redemption formation inside the Lion's Blade to really bring out the awesome.

Archived