Scoring Objectives and Scouts

Objectives are important, we all know that. The question is, how to get them. My favourite way is to drop a Pod right on it or camp it with Tacs that jump out of there.

However, with the new book Scouts suddenly shoot better. My idea was to buy 5 Scouts with Bolters, Heavy Bolter and Hellfire Shells for 68pts, maybe even with Camo Cloaks if I have the points. That is some decent Dakka that is easily ignored in the face of Black Knights or Deathwing knocking at your door. It does not crash the bank either.

Thoughts?

If you buy them as a formation they don't get objective secured

The option is to take a CAD but need to see the bonuses for the formation

Once you start paying out for buffs they can get expensive and they can't get transport but snipers are still neat option especially with the BS buff, in terms of use then as a formation that infiltrates & scouts and waits for the Deathwing till turn 2

Right now all my plans have been built around CAD + RWSF. The Scouts woukd infiltrate and scout on an objective and annoy the opponent from there. AP3 HB is very annoying for Jetbikes.

They can also act as scout move blockers against the enemy.

Ive been using scout sniper squads of 5 camo cloak scouts, 4 sniper rifles and a hb, and have had no problem grabbing objectives in no mans land for 2-3 turns as more threatening things draw the enemy's attention. With the new book, for just 5 points more, my scouts now ALL have bs 4 and the heavy bolter has hellfire rounds. Yeah, I'll just take a barebones CAD with my lists, nab an extra character, and enjoy.

It is in the SM book and requires you to take 3 units of Scouts or Scout bikes. Overkill if you ask me. One unit, two at the very most, are enough in my eyes. Keep one objective safe and force the enemy be deal with their AP3 HB.

Scouts in all forms seem down right annoying now. They can harass or camp effectively. Who wants to expend actually resources removing a 55 point unit from an objective? Or, if you're afraid of loosing too many kill points, large camo cloaked sniper units for the first time ever can actually put out some damage.

Archived