To grenade launcher, or not to grenade launcher?

Corrupted

Loved Black Knights in the last codex even though I thought they were a bit over cost. Now I think they're just awesome (if not a bit over cost....) But is the grenade launcher still worth it?

Stasis grenades are still just fine, don't get me wrong, but rad grenades are inexplicably awful... I honest just don't know if there worth the loss of the extra plasma talon.

And honestly what the hell what were thinking with rad grenades? S3 AP- ?!? Ya maybe they were a bit OP, but why not a better stat line?

I thought about taking it out, but the new rules mean I'll be jinking more. That means I'll be assaulting more, and hitting first makes a big difference. You don't have to wound, just hit, and the whole unit gets nerfed. The Krak grenades are respectable as well, so I'm leaving mine in.

Always worth it for the stasis. Either bring I5 down to your level or take out some I4 before they can touch you.

Either way stasis grenades contribute to black knight survivability.

Why does everyone assume that you'll be jinking all the time, every time? Careful placement and increased threat levels from other units didn't see my Black Knights jinking nearly as much as the forums seem to make it out to be.

Personally I'll take the Stasis shell over 2 more plasma shots, reducing your opponents effectiveness in CC is better than trying to punch out a pair of wounds, especially if they outnumber you and were on par in cc pre-stasis.

But that could just be my meta...

Friggin thunderwolves.

Think about it working with the rest of your force. I'm planning to use stasis on a wraith knight to make sure my imperial knight gets his licks in

And that, don't forget we are a highly synergystic army. Make the shell work for your other dudes too.

I see your point and I agree about synergy. However, remember that it only helps against the unit you are shooting with Plasma and the one you will want to charge right after. So supporting others will only work if you are charging a big death star.

Let me put it like this: if I could split fire with the GL, I would always take it without question.

Archived