mephiston, corbulo, and gabriel seth all with VV's feasible?

ÆtherOwl

So before I go out and buy 3 character models, was wonder if the community here thinks this is a viable deathstar unit to build the rest of my 2000 point army around. looking for some ideas as to which units could help support this unit best aswell. Only other unit I plan to use is a stormraven to transport said unit, which is why the Vangaurd are 9 strong instead of 10.

Mephiston

Corbulo

Gabriel Seth

8xVangaurd Venterans

-2xstorm shields 4xInfernus pistols 2xgrav pistols

Veteran sgt. with storm shield and relic blade

A whooping 766 points... include the stormraven 966pts ... leaving me with only 1034pts for the rest of my army. Worth it? it can combat squad atleast, but I am worried about the Stormraven going down easily, would a drop pod be better? Like the idea of a stormraven though.

Anyways figure I didnt need any power weapons since all 4 character models have good melee weapons so decided to make the unit more shooty. Really want the unit to be able to take on just about anything. Would like your opiions, thanks much.

Well, if the raven gets shot own, they will all die.

When they overkill a unit, they are sill only T4 3+ save marines. I'd add more storm shields. There is also zero AP2 CC attacks in the unit.

By all means, try it, but I'd go with dante over seth.

Well damn, yeah I dont have much fighting experience yet, looks like the stormraven is too risky then.

Could they all work in a drop pod? 7 VV's 3xstorm shields (including sgt.). Unsure how I should loadout the other 4 marines to complement what I have, but the lack of ap2 as mentioned is a bit disturbing. So maybe a couple fists or hell would 4 fists be too much? :P

I did Mephy, Corbulo, 5x Vets w/ 5x SS, 1x TH, 1x Relic blade, 1x Chainsword, and 2x Grav Pistols in a Drop Pod for 580pts. Actually quite survivable. Mephy and and Corbulo have pretty darn good damage output on their own. I only did it once and the game only lasted to Turn 3 due to people's schedules so take that as you will.

Archived