Question regarding formations.

3DJutsu

So I'm curious to know, if I take a RWSF and two of my FA slots contain a LSV and a Typhoon Speeder squad. Am I allowed to 'convert' them into a RWSS and still have them as my 2 requisite FA choices, or does the RWSS count as a seperate choice entirely and will never benefit from, say, Speed of the Raven?

I'm gonna guess no Speedy Ravenshield, but I accept that.

Also, how do formations work, does my RWSS need to stay together and thus can't use Anti-grav upwash since land speeder vengeance does not have that rule?

Seperate question: Does strafing run boost overwatch in a lions blade? They get to OW at full BS, but it's still OW.

Answered my own question in another thread, the RWSS is a squad, but do they still gain Anti-Grav upwash or can still only move as fadt as their slowest man?

Units in different detachments/formations are different units, no double-counting. You can't say that one unit is also part of another detachment/formation to accumulate more special rules.

Note that the Lion's Blade, Gladius, Warhost etc. are specifically stated to be exceptions to the rule against being part of more than one formation.

Archived