Taking wing

TheHyperion

Hello Everyone,

Since ive been waiting to order models for chaos... Ive been looking at the pretty new toys... And it looks interesting to play ravenwing again, my gripe with them before is that they were expensive pointswise and I hated painting the Dark Vengeance bikes( still have to finish mine for etl sorry guys) Anyways. What would be the best way of ravenwing? I loomed at the detatchment but since its screwed up right now im going to steer clear. I would like to hear people's opinions on the power and synergy of the formations and detatchments. I was thinking of running a squad of multi melta attack bikes with a land speeder with two multi metlas in a formation. A dark shroud with a land speeder in another formation. And then a squad of bikers with two flamers and a land speeder in another formation. Also, how good are deathwing in this new codex and do they synergize well with ravenwing to the point they are worth taking

Not a fan of juggling a dozen Formations, so I usually like to limit myself to CAD + RWSF. But that has been enough for me.

For one, the three wings work pretty well together. Greenwing do the scoring game very well and help carry some good weapons to finish off units. Ravenwing is the hammer. They are fast, carry a lot of special weapons and are mobile enough to exploit shifts on the table. Deathwing is the Anvil. They are tough as nails and will draw a lot of fire. A full Thunderstorm unit can also act as a problem-solver.

All three together are a highly flexible force. DW form the spearhead, Tacs buffer the midfield and score while bikes hit where the enemy is weakest.

Inter-unit synergies are also plenty. The Dark Shroud makes assault less risky given its ability to stop Overwatch. It also makes the entire army more durable and resistant to alpha strike.

Ezekiel can really swing your melee game if you coordinate your bubble well.

RWSF allows your RW to boost and jink but fire for full effect next turn. On T2 your DW arrive automatically next to the RW and their Teleport Homers, allowing for a very vicious beta strike.

I am sure there are plenty more, but those are the ones I can think off right now.

Archived