Hammer of Caliban

palin2222

Was thinking about normal Land Raider with 3 Preds (all LC choices).

LC has 48" range so I don't feel like an idiot while playing hammer and anvil, also I can try to shoot flyings with twinlink LC if there's nothing to hit.

It's a waste that the formation gives monster hunter and tank hunter, which 3 preds already do though (but atleast LR and techy got it..).

Was thinking about normal Land Raider with 3 Preds (all LC choices).

LC has 48" range so I don't feel like an idiot while playing hammer and anvil, also I can try to shoot flyings with twinlink LC if there's nothing to hit.

It's a waste that the formation gives monster hunter and tank hunter, which 3 preds already do though (but atleast LR and techy got it..).

It's only a waste until your first predator dies and would have lost the hunter rules.

Does are regular unit of preds get Tank hunter? If they do, dont they lose the rule if they lose a pred? It doesn't look like our Hammer does lose the rule if they lose models.

Pretty much this. Regular squadron of Preds get it but only when taking 3, and immediately lose it upon death of 1 vehicle. 

It's stupid expensive, but I'm digging the idea of a trio of vindies here...Until the first one goes down, you have them on line for a HUGE threat bubble of a tank/monster hunting cover ignoring giga-blast of demolisher goodness...unless you're planning to actually hunt a tank, in which case you have three S10AP2 pieplates of "4D6 pick the highest", plus the two godhammers on the land raider...you'll pretty much never get fewer than 3 pens against AV14...the downside is that it's stupid expensive, can only delete one target per turn, and did I mention stupid expensive?

/edit/  Also, with 24" range, it'd be hard to get all three of them in range of the same target to drop three regular pies.

I just re-read the rules for vehicle squadrons and realised that they can see and shoot through each other like infantry. This resolves my biggest concern with the formation and now I just need to paint another predator. Overkill might still be an issue but I've often said that "single lascannons are worthless" and "everything counts in large amounts" so I have to try the laser tank squadron at least once!

Archived