Formation ideas and questions

TheHyperion

What Ulrik said is a general rule, but there are exceptions.  Some supplements, mini-dexes, and the Space Marine codex do allow you to be your own best friend, but they have to explicitly say so.

Just throw in a unit of scouts and bam, you have a CAD. (scouts are actually good now so I don't feel bad saying this.)

Edited: because what I initially said made no sense.

I just realized i cant bring my warlord as an ally... But i wasnt planning to have a primary detatchment so i guess if i just brought the allied detatchment with some formations it would work? Oh well, ive now scrapped this idea now that i have thought this out...

Thanks guys!

Sapphon

I just realized i cant bring my warlord as an ally... But i wasnt planning to have a primary detatchment so i guess if i just brought the allied detatchment with some formations it would work? Oh well, ive now scrapped this idea now that i have thought this out...

Thanks guys!

Sapphon

You must choose a warlord. Your primary detachment is whichever detachment contains your warlord. Remember that formations are a type of detachment.

If your primary detachment is a formation with the Dark Angels faction you can't include an Allied Detachment with the same faction. You could take a Combined Arms Detachment with the Dark Angels faction. Alternatively you could make an unbound army using formations and whatever other units you like without worrying about meeting the requirements for this or that detachment. Remember that formations in an unbound army retain all their special rules, unlike other detachments which lose their Command Benefits.

Does that make things clearer?

Archived