DA special rules and Chapter tactics

DAG42

Ok so looking through the new dex army special rules. I see Ravenwing can re-roll failed jink saves (cover). Units with grim resolve fire over watch at BS2 instead of 1.

Unless I missed it I didn't see whether we can use the chapter tactics- dev, tact, and assault rules that is in SM dex. But I haven't had the time to do a thorough look through yet since I got it yesterday...

The Special edition set is very nicely done. From outer box to the gold edge pages even the Cypher book and background included is ok. Cudos to GW on this 1.

We can't use Chapter Tactics or the Doctrines, however it is important to note that because our rules aren't specifically chapter tactics, we don't invalidate the chapter tactics of other chapters, depending on the rules. For example, white scars characters getting Skilled Rider, a special rule that transfers to the unit, ie regular squads of ravenwing bikers.

Unless I missed it I didn't see whether we can use the chapter tactics- dev, tact, and assault rules that is in SM dex. But I haven't had the time to do a thorough look through yet since I got it yesterday...

Why would Dark Angels use rules from another codex?  Besides, our Chapter Tactics rule IS Grim Resolve. The reason C: SM even uses the generic term "Chapter Tactics" is because they didn't want to have to list the rules of EVERY Chapter in that codex under the Special Rules section in EVERY unit in C: SM.  Much easier just to put "Chapter Tactics" under the unit Special Rules, and let people fill in the blank depending on what Chapter they are actually playing.  If you do want to use those other Chapter Tactics rules, take an allied contingent from C: SM.

Well Shabbadoo re-rolls are a very useful thing. I have other plans for warp charges and don't really see preferred enemy CSM all that often considering most opponents are bringing Eldar , Tau or Crons not to mention hordes of nids.

Archived