Arming contemptor dreadnoughts?

I managed to pick a couple of contemptor bodies and a bag of weapons for cheap and before I waste their value, what loudouts would you guys suggest? I have 2 kheres, 3 fists, lascannon, plascannon.

I'm not adverse to the idea of making a contemptor mortis with dual kheres and allying it into my list, then making the other a fist furioso. Or do I just make a pair, each with fist & kheres?

On the off chance you're interested, there is a review on the subject

Basically, we can run a dual fist, or Kheres and fist. Any other loadout with a fist is an overpriced Mk V Dreadnought. That doesn't mean it's a bad option, but you might want to use the points elsewhere. Simply, I'd echo the above about magnetising but I'd paint the weapons a neutral colour so that they can flit between the two Contemptors easily enough - useful if you do opt to ally one in and thus, paint it different to your Blood Angels' force.

Magnetise, grab 2x Kheres and 2x Fists of your choice (for 30k, Grav is an excellent suggestion and also gives you the pointy looking fingers, but your force may differ of course).

In addition, magnetising works wonders.  I've actually used D3x1mm and D2x1mm magnets, the large for securing the weapon into the arm, and the smaller for securing the round fist section to the forearm socket.  This can be fiddly, but you can magnetise the weapon choices into the fist forearm, make some cutouts to allow for the small magnets to then attach the fist.  Other ways possible no doubt.

Totally agree, Kheres is just so cool.

One thing though, can we put a contemptor in one of our fast pods? Opinions?

Nothing official but whenever the Contemptor entry appears, the only transport option is a Lucius-pattern Drop Pod. Sadly, I'm inclined to say no. FW will likely tell us to "talk to out gaming group" because they don't want to get their hands dirty.

I was also lucky and got one Mortis cheap over an forum/marketplace.

He has alreadey 2 Kheres guns but i will chop den off and magnetize them so in can run him as an Furioso Contemptor. I will use puppetswar arms on him cause i already own two pairs.

Here is a groupshot from my latest Dreadspamlist (7 Dreads in Flesh Tearer SF).

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20150621-WA0001_zpsyidimuua.jpeg

The Knight was an proxy for the soon arriving contemptor. I played him with Kheres and Flamerfist on Foot.

I played this List vs a Necron Decurion List and defeated my opponent to my suprise 20:0! He Played 1 Lord with Armourbane in 10 Gauss Immortals 2 Warriorsquads with gauss wich stood between the Necronwalker wich buffed them with bs5, 2x 10 lynchgard and 2 x 3 Tomblades.

The Contempor chased a troop of Lynchgard the whole game over the board. My bad that i forgott that he has fleet! I made a mistake in listbuilding and played two relics (beside an deredeo i played an Sicaran). But in the end the Sicaran didnt kill a single unit so it was not so Op with 2 Relics without the Priesttax.

You can see some Battlepix in my Bucket.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/DSCN1064_zpsv7zdvil1.jpg

Greets

Earp

Nothing official but whenever the Contemptor entry appears, the only transport option is a Lucius-pattern Drop Pod. Sadly, I'm inclined to say no.

The transport capacity for both types of pod says "one Dreadnought of any type". The Lucius is their only option for a Dedicated Transport (as with all Forge World variants, even the Mk IV/Vs), but there's no reason you can't put any of them in regular pod bought from Fast Attack.

Nothing official but whenever the Contemptor entry appears, the only transport option is a Lucius-pattern Drop Pod. Sadly, I'm inclined to say no.

The transport capacity for both types of pod says "one Dreadnought of any type". The Lucius is their only option for a Dedicated Transport (as with all Forge World variants, even the Mk IV/Vs), but there's no reason you can't put any of them in regular pod bought from Fast Attack.

This is correct.  Really the only reason for taking a Lucius-pattern drop pod is...

• protect your dread so it can assault the next turn
  • create a nice LoS blocker
  • to show off swanky FW goodness in a vain attempt to demoralize the other player(s).  Hell, I've seen some players buckle mentally after seeing a particularly well painted army.

This is correct.  Really the only reason for taking a Lucius-pattern drop pod is...

• to show off swanky FW goodness in a vain attempt to demoralize the other player(s).  Hell, I've seen some players buckle mentally after seeing a particularly well painted army.
  • Have it look even remotely feasible for the Dreadnought to get in and out of the thing.

It's listed as a Dreadnought in the book and sold as a Dreadnought in the store.  It doesn't get much clearer than that, IMHO.

Honestly though?  Forge world models aren't OP at all.  It's the player that kills people, not his/her army.  Folks who make such retarded semantics arguments do so because they themselves cannot ever hope to model correctly (or afford in the first place) forge world products of their own.

Turds that go to that extent to argue semantics are exactly why there is such a deficit of mature/talented players out there.

Don't let trolls ruin a good game.  Next time that happens just smile, walk away, and look for a real opponent.  If you can't find one then that's the Emperor telling you go paint something instead.

EDIT:  I apologize for my Black Rage moment there.  I tend to aggro when I catch the scent of a bully.

Well, see it depends if the contemptor counts as a "dreadnought" in the traditional sense. If anyone had a problem with it I wouldn't use it, but I can't see many people being that arsed...

In the same manner, an Ironclad Dread or Venerable dread wouldn't be able to ride in it.

• Have it look even remotely feasible for the Dreadnought to get in and out of the thing.

They have knees, they can crouch.

Archived