Deathwing demoted to sideshow

palin2222

I don't care about power level; if I want to play with my Deathwing toys, I will play with my Deathwing toys.

I play RAW as often as I can so the Formation and Detachment are a bit problematic, but that's what Unbound is for. My group can take it or leave it msn-wink.gif

I'm not too "sad panda" about the changes to deathwing... You can't run them pure unless unbound, they lost obsec, lost first turn deepstrike, and a CAD is the only way to field battleforged mechanized deathwing, but I think knights got better, not worse (I don't run into chaos marines that often...AP3 against all comers, plus fleshbane on the master is nice, and I tend to whiff on my one turn of smite mode), Belial is a challenge monkey now (+1A and rerolls), they got slightly cheaper (slightly more expensive if you go TH/SS crazy), they get to shoot and still run on deepstrike, and with the knights getting changed, I see no reason to field a TDAIC in this edition, making room for a libby in TDA, and I think interromancy works very well with DW...rage is nice, mind worm on a trygon before you charge it is always nice, aversion keeps the enemy grav cannons from wrecking your face, and mind wipe on a charge target really helps make sure you don't lose any models while seeing off an enemy that would normally expect to whittle you down a bit as it died.

I'm puzzled that RW, the clear winner of the last codex sweepstakes, got even more candy while DW got nerfed some more, but I think they're playable, especially in combination with RW.

Why give us the option to buy a dedicated transport for the unit if we are not allowed to even put them on the field? If They would FAQ's the rule to say any unit who purchased a Landraider my be deployed as normal inside the landraider I would say we would be sitting pretty. 

Why give us the option to buy a dedicated transport for the unit if we are not allowed to even put them on the field? If They would FAQ's the rule to say any unit who purchased a Landraider my be deployed as normal inside the landraider I would say we would be sitting pretty. 

For now you can house rule it or ask the Tourney organizer. It was already said one Tourney is allowing an HQ with a bike to have the Ravewnwing special rule. 

So ask. Yes I know it's not much, and "we shouldn't have to fix GW mistakes" but it is what it is. Let's make the best of it. 

Archived