Company Master wargear question

A company master in terminator armor can take items from the terminator weapons, special issue wargear, and relics of caliban lists.  Ergo, it would apper legal...but why would you?  You don't get to shoot both in the same turn....

Yep, sure can! Foe-smiler replaces power weapon, storm Bolter replaced by combi-weapon. Kind of a waste, since you can't fire both in a single turn, you still only get the one shot with the combi-weapon, and Foe-smiter is going to be better than the Bolter, but I guess if you want to pay extra points for a single round of rapid fire plasma... ~shrug~

Can take Terminator armor, a storm shield, relic blade and storm Bolter/combi-weapon as well.

It's very nice. ;)

And :ph34r:-march10k

~shrug~ Whatever floats one's boat, it isn't my army, as long as someone told me what it was, I'd probably counts-as almost anything. After all, I once played a Pyrovore-counts-as-Nightbringer.

For me personally, it's going to be a bladed weapon, it just doesn't make mental sense to me otherwise. ;)

More than anything, I just love the fact that they gave Company Masters the ability to sword and board it with a big, big blade! :D

The company master model with the awesome cloak has a suitably large blade...but you'd have to say that the shield is under the cloak...personally, I'm far more interested in a company master with the mace and a jump pack...the mace gets +1A from a pistol, and it's better than the relic blade for 5 points more...15 points for a storm shield is a bit steep when you already have a 4++.  My build:  jump pack, mace, digital weapons, artificer armor (going from a 4++ to a 2+ against AP3 weapons, and going from a 3+ to a 2+ against AP4 and worse...it's not a contradiction of my dismissal of the storm shield!), joining the obligatory assault squad in my demi company.

The company master model with the awesome cloak has a suitably large blade...but you'd have to say that the shield is under the cloak...personally, I'm far more interested in a company master with the mace and a jump pack...the mace gets +1A from a pistol, and it's better than the relic blade for 5 points more...15 points for a storm shield is a bit steep when you already have a 4++. My build: jump pack, mace, digital weapons, artificer armor (going from a 4++ to a 2+ against AP3 weapons, and going from a 3+ to a 2+ against AP4 and worse...it's not a contradiction of my dismissal of the storm shield!), joining the obligatory assault squad in my demi company.

I agree on the storm shield thought. Unless you are planning on running him with DW knights the storm shield is too expensive for too little upgrade. Unless you are talking terminator armor. Then you get a discount on relic blade which fully covers the cost of the shield.

If you only paint, why do you care?  Make what looks cool, and screw the rules.

Because the rules of ETL, given its points nature I cant go "Hog Wild". Something I would love to do. But alas it has to be codex legal.

If he is only painting, why not make a TDA Master with a Jumpack. It would look bad ass.... put the model on a bike for double the awesome

Once I have a WIP of the figure in question all will become clear. And TDA, Jumppack and Bike? Now thats just being silly.

I am not trying to abuse anything I am going for a look to fit one part of my Chapter what I have planned will do and it will be legal to field... Impractical? Sure... Rule of Cool? Hell yeah :)

If he is only painting, why not make a TDA Master with a Jumpack. It would look bad ass.... put the model on a bike for double the awesome

That is a truly moronic response in my eyes. Brother Arkley has take the time to ask a question, several others have taken their time to give formulated, intelligent responses and then something immature and childish like the above comment gets thrown in - way to go you, bet you feel really proud of yourself with that trollish comment there don't you?

Brother Arkley - I'm intrigued to hear your plans and hopefully see your WIP as if its anything like your other stuff it bodes well. I too paint only yet also prefer to keep myself legal as a 'just in case' I ever get to roll dice in anger again.

I hope im not derailing the original topic much, but since we are discussing company master gear options here already, i thought i might as well ask here instead of starting a new topic.

What do you guys think of the Storm Shield on a Power armour or Artificer armour company master?

Im currently assembling a CM in Jump Pack for a but of fast attack melee action. I was thinking Mace of Redemption for S7 AP3 and all the good debuffs, artificer armour for 2+ save, but then I got stuck on the other hand thats left.

How have you guys fared with the Iron Halo's 4+ inv? Is a 3+ worth loosing a pistol in the off hand at combat, and the eztra S7 AP 3 blind concussive attack that would come with it?

I know this is fairly situational.

For instance, i play a Tau friend who uses a lot, and I mean A LOT of AP1 weapons. The 3++ becomes quite tempting and somewhat worthbthe decreased offensive power, against such an army. So, by this point, the shield is almost a must for me.

But, then again, I think you's guys experience might prove me on the wrong in being that protective of my Company Master.

(Btw if it was wrong of me to deviate the topic a bit, i apologize, and ill be quick yo just take this question to its own topic.)

Rule of cool I guess. Also, proper bitz are hard to come by where I live.

Im currently working on a Company Master on jump pack with a sword and shield; made up from the jump pack and legs from an Assault Marine Sergeant, and the torso, sword and shield, of Command Squad Champion, that I had around, forgotten and unused. Some extras for decorative purposes.

Should amount to a cool looking Company Mastee, even if the gear isnt optimal.

Luckly my usual gaming group has no problem with me using a "Blade" of Redemption or a "Combat Sized" Storm Shield

Hadnt realized that the Shroud had gone down in price... To TEN points?!

So you could have a 2+/3++ FnP5+ Shrouded Company Master with three WS6 S7 AP3/1 Blind & Conccusive attacks, with one to wound rerooll, running around 12+ inches at a time on a freaking jump pack?

... For 190 Points?!

*do want*

Archived