Asmodai kill point nonsense

aura_enchanted

So I was mulling through asmodai's new rules and a hilarious possibility dawned on me and it truly would be hilarious. It requires some prep work but it would be just incredible if it happened

In a game of maelstrom of war asmodai is your warlord against an unbound army where lord cypher is nominated as acting warlord.

If asmodai kills cypher in a challenge you would get 2vp's (stwl + the hunt), plus d3 (from asmodai's special rule), plus d3 (from cyphers special rule for dark Angels slaying him).

That's a potential 8vp from one challenge. And that would be a huge hill for the enemy to climb if it was early enough in the game. It would be just so so brutal.

You could get a similar number of VPs by using the Silence Squadron's stasis bomb instead of Asmodai.

Unfortunately both scenarios are highly unlikely due to the lack of decent ap. In case of the stasis bomb the warlord even has his LoS and a initiative check.

I would be realy supprised to see even once of both ever happen ;).

Cypher is more likely to kill Asmodai than the other way around, given the amount of times he can fire his plasma pistol. The hunt no longer gives victory points and cypher can't be the warlord (he just reduces the warlord's leadership by 1). On top of that, nobody will ever use cypher or asmodai, let alone both in a single game. Then, even if you do manage to pull that off, you'll probably roll 1's for the extra points anyway.

Archived