Fielding Black Knights.

Brother_Darius

Prior to the release of the new codex I was in an Escalation League building a RW army.

I totLly fell in love with the Black Knights, both as a unit and via RW Command Squad.

I'm new to the whole sub-detachment thing but if I'mreading them right the only way to field the Black Knights is via the strike force or do CAD? In no instance do any of them get Obj Secured correct?

There is no way you can give them Obj.Sec. I run two units 5-6 in the RWSF + CAD, or I can fit all I run into a CAD where I have one unit of 5-6 and one RWCS with 5-6 dudes in there. Always have a Dark Shroud accompany them. 2+ re-rollable is just too good to pass up.

Ya ObjSec is out for the knights, and all bikes now. I'm currently trying to decide if I should just live without it or go CAD and include some Tacs and/or Scouts.

Keep in mind with CAD, the new codex is much more liberal when it comes to RW command squads and essentially gives you access to 6 units of knights with no restrictions, or more likely 2-3 units of knights with 2-3 shrouds.

Ya ObjSec is out for the knights, and all bikes now. I'm currently trying to decide if I should just live without it or go CAD and include some Tacs and/or Scouts.

Keep in mind with CAD, the new codex is much more liberal when it comes to RW command squads and essentially gives you access to 6 units of knights with no restrictions, or more likely 2-3 units of knights with 2-3 shrouds.

Just to mention it, if you want ObjSec bikers Codex SM still gets it by taking Biker Captain that makes them troops. So you could run white scars count as ravenwing if you have to / want to.

Archived