Gravguns - What to use?

Dark_Master

Hello all,

Looking at giving my banner command squad some grav love, but have you seen the price (£)?

Think these would be a good http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Space_Marine_Legion_Army_List/Legion_Troops/Legion_Tactical_Support_Squad/LEGION_GRAVITON_GUN_SET.html

Anybody using an alternative?

DM

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 8, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 8, 2015 - No reason given

Now that we have grav guns in the codex, does anyone know of some good 3rd party models that would work for them? I can't seem to find anyone willing to sell any of the real ones. i would prefer to find ones that look a lot like the original model or would make sense used as a grav gun? 

They also some grav guns in the legion section. I am thinking I might use those

do you know where I could not find them. 

Found Them

What arms would go good for bikers with them, all my biker arms don't come with hands. 

Those volkite ones look amazing but I need just normal grav guns for bikes and they would be a bit to big. 

They also some grav guns in the legion section. I am thinking I might use those

do you know where I could not find them. 

Found Them

What arms would go good for bikers with them, all my biker arms don't come with hands. 

Those volkite ones look amazing but I need just normal grav guns for bikes and they would be a bit to big. 

Three different Links to Volkite Weapons, actually. The Charger, Caliver and Culverin. The Charger is a Bit smaller than a Bolter.

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 9, 2015 - No reason given

Grav vs everything else ?

Would it be bad to put as much grav on the table as possible ?

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 9, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, July 9, 2015 - No reason given

I feel that if you are running infantry or RW bikes they should have mostly/all grav (especially RW) as they are the only units available in our codex that can take those.  We can get access to the other special weapons be it plasma or melta in plenty of other sources and often times to greater/cheaper effect.  Grav I feel is an important aspect to have now in current competitive lists and we don't have as wide of selection to get it as vanilla marines do, so have to maximize it where we can.  Thats not to say that you should only bring grav all the time exclusively, just that units that can choose between grav and other options are usually gonna be most effective now having that grav.

going all grav has its downfalls and it still has an issue with popping tanks since you're relying on 6's. the way to balance that is to take multi melta attack bikes to assist them. At the moment I am planning on taking full 6 man ravenwing squads with double grav guns and the MMAB so I can combat squad them all apart. If GW allows other HQ's with bikes to have ravenwing rule that I will simply run 2 detachments of the ravenwing strike force, one with min squad ravenwing with double gravs and the other with 12 1 man units of MMAB's for the lulz

The forgeworld guns look great.  I also like the kromlech ones.  I stuck to gw grav guns as I am very uniform retentive.  I have to have uniform stuff and had already used several gw guns :(

I have found that grav guns can be bought cheaper on ebay if one hunts patiently.  I just purchased 5 today for $5 each which I thought was pretty good.

Archived