More swords for the Sanguinary Guard

tjr

I have two boxes of Sang. Guard. I'll be running a ten man unit with 8 swords and 2 fists. 

Problem is: There's only 3 swords in each box. Before I run out an buy another box, have any of you faced the same problem? What was your solution?

Most 'ordinary' bits won't work (at least not without some choppin'). I'd love to use the left handed power sword from the Sternguard kit (the one that's sheathed) and the right hand being a Pointy Finger of Doom. That would be a cool, stoic squad leader. But where would his bolter go?

I'm not completely against the idea of getting another box, since there'll be bitz for quite a few ICs.

Don't worry about a third sanguinary guard box, it is always worth. As you already said, the kits allow you to do nearly all Blood Angels jump packed character, Captain, Librarian, Dante, Sanguinary priest (if you have a narthecium and a death company chainsword),  Astorath, and even a chaplain (if you got a crozius).

I think that the blood angels are quite lucky by looking at the variety/possibility of the Blood Angels Army Kits, so don't worry about, you will always find a use.

Alright. I got the third box. Unfortunately I have a bit of a deadline (tournamet August 23rd), so I don't have the time (or so I think) to customize/vary them as much as I want. 

Where can I find a power armor, right handed, pointy finger of doom?

Edit:

This is a thing. How old is that kit?

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Ultramarine_Devastator_Squad.gif

There's a pointing finger hand in the new Sternguard box, not sure which hand it is though.

D

That's a left hand unfortunately. 

For some reason, marines prefer to point out stuff with their left hand.

that's the only plastic option

Well, in that case I don't really have a choice, do I?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-L9Tiey2J2PQ/VYXmDLBiFoI/AAAAAAAABWA/rHOm065C4sU/s640/Skyhammer%2BAnnihilation%2BForce%2BTop.png

Archived