Lions Blade Strike Force

Darkn3ssF4lls

What is everyone's thoughts on this ? I have like my fourth game coming up and its going to be 3000 points, a culmination of the clubs narrative campaign.  

I was thinking of doing the two demi companies option that lets you get a bunch of free stuff.

Now if i'm reading this right it says one company has to be led by a Company Master and the other a Chaplin

Does this mean you cannot have say Azrael or Asmodai for example ?

Check the Lions Blade page again. (pg 94)

Asmodai is an Interrogator Chaplain not a Chaplain.

Azrael is Supreme Grand Master not a Company Master.

Both are part of Inner Circle not a Company.  By both rules and fluff.

You can ask your TO or GM if you can do it, but by RAW you can not replace them. But you can take each one of them as part of Inner Circle formation per Demi- company.

Hope that answers your question.

Check the Lions Blade page again. (pg 94)

Asmodai is an Interrogator Chaplain not a Chaplain.

Azrael is Supreme Grand Master not a Company Master.

Both are part of Inner Circle not a Company.  By both rules and fluff.

You can ask your TO or GM if you can do it, but by RAW you can not replace them. But you can take each one of them as part of Inner Circle formation per Demi- company.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks, this answers the question, though i was not implying that they were lesser than they were, I was asking if they can be placed in these spots, as it does say so in the inner circle one. I can't seem to find a part listing anything for the inner circle company. Is it just hey look heres a bunch of expensive models lol ?

Asmodai and Azrael can't replace the Chaplain (not interrogator chaplain) nor the company master.  But you can use either of them by using the inner circle formation.

Thanks 

And if you are fielding a full battle company, you can use both as the Inner Circle "formation" is 0-1 per demi-company. So, you would have to have 4 total HQs to use both: Asmodai, Azrael, Company Master and (non-Interrogator) Chaplain.

The Inner Circle and 10th Company Support "formations" are not true formations like the others that have their own dataslate. You can't take them outside of the Lion's Blade and they get no special rules. They are merely options for rounding out your Lion's Blade detachment.

And if you are fielding a full battle company, you can use both as the Inner Circle "formation" is 0-1 per demi-company. So, you would have to have 4 total HQs to use both: Asmodai, Azrael, Company Master and (non-Interrogator) Chaplain.

The Inner Circle and 10th Company Support "formations" are not true formations like the others that have their own dataslate. You can't take them outside of the Lion's Blade and they get no special rules. They are merely options for rounding out your Lion's Blade detachment.

Thanks makes sense, wouldn't want to give too much buff to the Lord of War and what not. 

The sad thing is that the Inner Circle is restricted to only 1 of our unique HQs, so you'd have to bring multiple detachments if you want to bring more than one , like the Asmodai/Azrael example.

I think the Lion's Blade would be a fun Greenwing narrative experience provided you have enough space marines.  Games at that tier of points though, oof.  My mind jumps immediately to the new vindicator squadron rule and using the Hammer of Caliban formation all loaded up.  That apoc blast with ignores cover should cause some serious havoc on front lines.

The sad thing is that the Inner Circle is restricted to only 1 of our unique HQs, so you'd have to bring multiple detachments if you want to bring more than one , like the Asmodai/Azrael example.

I think the Lion's Blade would be a fun Greenwing narrative experience provided you have enough space marines.  Games at that tier of points though, oof.  My mind jumps immediately to the new vindicator squadron rule and using the Hammer of Caliban formation all loaded up.  That apoc blast with ignores cover should cause some serious havoc on front lines.

hmm it is 0-1 isn't it, but if your bringing say the deathwing redemption force, than you only need to think about one less.

Its one per demi-company used in the detachment, so if he is fielding a full company he can use two of them.

PS: Oh, i see it was already mentioned.

Its one per demi-company used in the detachment, so if he is fielding a full company he can use two of them.

You're right, I forgot which way that line was drawn.

Archived