Lost our standards?

Darkn3ssF4lls

One of the things I was sad to see go was the +1 to assault result, numerous times I had tied combats that I won because that (or a Darkshroud was nearby).

The Devastation banner was cool and all but it was a hindrance to anyone but Ravenwing and Deathwing couldn't even cash in (Landraiders aside).  A lot of the time you were basically sacrificing a round of shooting just to get the same amount of shooting you would the previous turn.

To add to the chaos of Deathwing changes, losing the Fort banner was pretty big too.  But at least the DW company banner came down in price.

Can't say I'll miss that Retribution banner.

One of the things I was sad to see go was the +1 to assault result, numerous times I had tied combats that I won because that (or a Darkshroud was nearby).

The Devastation banner was cool and all but it was a hindrance to anyone but Ravenwing and Deathwing couldn't even cash in (Landraiders aside).  A lot of the time you were basically sacrificing a round of shooting just to get the same amount of shooting you would the previous turn.

To add to the chaos of Deathwing changes, losing the Fort banner was pretty big too.  But at least the DW company banner came down in price.

Can't say I'll miss that Retribution banner.

Did anyone even ever use the DW banner?

I did, often. Every time I took a DWCS I used it, made my Int Chap and his retinue beastly.

Charged a greater Daemon Prince and the IntChap and Champion took him out, didn't even need the hammernators.

Loadout, I belive, was:

Int Chap in TDA w/ MoR

DWCS w/ Champ, Medic, x2 TH/SS, DW Banner bearer w/ PC & CF.

That +1A with the charge lead to an absurd amount of pain.

Did anyone even ever use the DW banner?

Sure did, I would run them like 3DJutsu except saved on the points for the Apothecary and put them in a landraider (again with the int chap).  With the DWCS being cheaper and other standards kinda meh for DWCS, I'd expect to see this a lot.

Archived