Sableclaw

Darkn3ssF4lls

Is there a kit to build a proper ride for Sammael ? I saw some old links around the block to kits that no longer exist. I was wondering if there is a proper looking kit out there? Something that doesn't involve say destroying a bike kit by putting things on a speeder ?

Is there a kit to build a proper ride for Sammael ? I saw some old links around the block to kits that no longer exist. I was wondering if there is a proper looking kit out there? Something that doesn't involve say destroying a bike kit by putting things on a speeder ?

And apparently, one of the recent WD have the instruction manual for using the parts.

And apparently, one of the recent WD have the instruction manual for using the parts.
yep issue 72 the one that just stopped selling at GW brick stores. The white dwarf also has an amazingly badly made mission for Pscinia iv.

The dark Angels can take formations from the lions blade only to fight an unending green tide formation with guaranteed telly porta strike on everything.

However every dark Angel gets fearless and ld10 and a free fortress of redemption as part of your army so yeah (and you can buy all the upgrades you want for your fortress but they cost their standard point allotments).

Finally it's maelstrom of war with three objectives you get to place anywhere inside the fortress lololololol

Right but taking the one from the box wouldn't that mess up something ? Or was it meant to make the purchased land speeder into Sableclaw?

That frame has all the bits to convert a purchased landspeeder into Sableclaw.

There's no formation or detachment that corresponds to the DA Battleforce, and it is always 100% your choice how you build your models (you can even make models you can't play with if you so choose), so if you want to make a Land Speeder from somewhere into Sableclaw, do it! ;)

Right but taking the one from the box wouldn't that mess up something ? Or was it meant to make the purchased land speeder into Sableclaw?

You're not going to ruin any bike options by making Sableclaw.  All the required parts are basically exclusive to that conversion.

Excellent,

What is the rule on conversions ? I know the base has to be the orginal right? I've always wondered becuase there was a bad ass one here let me see if i can pull it up. 

Here ya go

I'm not familiar with the original model in this example, but I think the custom built base has to be much higher than the orginal isn't it ?

There are no rules on conversions in the rulebook. For GW events (and in their stores), you have to use GW parts only. For other game stores and events, it's pretty much anything goes. The only rule that I've really encountered, is that models can't be made from toys, unless considerable work has been done to them. This is to prevent someone from taking a GI Joe tank and calling it a looted wagon without some serious orkification.

Hope this helps and happy modelling!

If you're using a Land Speeder kit and the parts from the Ravenwing upgrade sprue, there's really no "wrong" way to do it.  Just make sure the armament matches the Codex and the rest is up to your creative expression.  The version shown in WD 73 is pretty much the same way as I built mine a couple months ago.

There's no formation or detachment that corresponds to the DA Battleforce, and it is always 100% your choice how you build your models (you can even make models you can't play with if you so choose), so if you want to make a Land Speeder from somewhere into Sableclaw, do it! ;)

Yes, there is a detachment. Sableclaw + BK + Trike are 1HQ + 2FA which satisfies your mandatory choices for the Ravenwing Strike Force.

Yes, there is a detachment. Sableclaw + BK + Trike are 1HQ + 2FA which satisfies your mandatory choices for the Ravenwing Strike Force.

Wait, wha...?

Oh, dang, yeah, the Ravenwing Strike Force. My bad. Hard to remember we are back to having Attack Bike Squadrons. It's been a while since 3rd Edition. :(

D4rknessF4lls, ignore me and rest assured that if you make Sableclaw, you'll be able to use it. :)

Archived