Expanding the Dark Angels.

dalleron

Good day to you all Brothers,( Sisters if there are any)

I have an opportunity to add to my Dark Angels this month, which has lead to two possible things.

1.  The Dark Vengance Expansion for DA.  Knights are better now, imho, Another nephilim or Dark Talon could be useful.  And I never got any black knights last go round.  Those things are boss I understand, in either command squad form, or not.  Im aware that I'll need another box to fill out the blacknights.

I've already got a sizeable RW contingent, 20 termies of various loadouts.

2.  An Imperial Knight.  It could probably be useful, and I love the idea of the 2 CCW knight, but not stuck on it.

I guess a third option is available.

3.  Green Marines.  I'm light on them.  I only have 2 tac squads.  This is slightly less appealing

Thanks for all your help in advance

I'm not sure two knight galliants are worth it. You gain one attack, and it is cheap; but youre stuck on initiative 2, and loose out on fairly good ranged weapons. Plus two galliants youre looking at almost half an 1850 list just on two models.

Where the shooty knights bring far more to the table. And the Errant, Warden, and Paladin are all costed about the same. Giving a lot of flexabilty in your list if running friendly games to tailor your support a little.

IMO I'd really only run one.

I'm trying to build a DWSF with a knight. Either a warden for anything or a crusader for maximum pew pew. The other ones are now kinda meh. Most of the forge world ones areally good too. A single knight to any type of army is going to be a huge distraction no matter what it's role

I run a Paladin for fire support and may be upgrading to a Warden soon. With your DW AND RW you might look at a couple boxes of Devs and a drop pod with a librarian and maybe a second with Vets and Azreal for a twist on the AZEK bomb. It seems to be all the rage.

I have mostly run DW with the knight, but run RW depending on points so sounds like we may be about the same way. Only other piece I am considering besides Devs is the Dark Shroud. Although I do have 5 full Tac squads and DV Company Master Balthisar with a few othe CMs kitted differently.

Best of luck.

Never Forget! Never Forgive!

I, too, looked at the DV expansion.  It is really a good deal, so too is the new Battleforce.  Both great for Black Knights!
I don't have any flyers but had my local GW guy, straight out of the gate, push me to get 3 saying the Silence Squadron was "the best!".  I politely declined.  :P

I'm really trying to stay away from Imperial Knights.  Just never really liked them and don't fit from a fluff perspective, IMHO.  DA usually keep the mission to themselves and a IK could tread on that Fallen you are trying to capture!!  :P

In the end, I only got a Darkshroud new for Support Squadron and a ton of other gak 2nd hand to make a full battle company, 3 preds, 3 bikes (for knights) and 4 Landspeeders.
That way I should be able to field most formations.

That'll do it for me this time around.  My painting table is already full !!

Well, that's my 2c  :)

I have little modeling skill but managed to magnetise all the weapon except the melta gun on the new knight kit meaning I'm not tied to one option.

I like the reaper chainsword and gatling Canon option as it can take out anything.

As for working with a dark angel force the synergy you can get is amazing. Played elder this weekend and...

Hit wraith knight with stasis bomb reducing initiative.

Charged in my knight getting to strike first.

One d strength hit and the wraith was gone!

That said the dv expansion is good too. However a word of warning. Yes you can play three black knights as a unit but once you do and see how good they are your wallet will take a hit as you desperately buy more.

love my black knights

I would say Dark Vengeance expansion but since you already have a flier, well, that makes the choice harder. If you get a third flier then you can get an awesome (IMHO) formation.

Green marines might seem less appealing but remember that you need 3 tactical, 1 dev and one assault if you want to field a demi-company. And right now demi companies are in a cool place, gaming wise.

Archived