Flyer and special speeder opinions?

Macro

Hello all,

I have seen a lot of talk about RW, but mostly about everyone still just taking biker squads. There hasn't been much mention of the flyer changes or vengeance and dark shroud speeder changes. Does anyone now plan on using them at all? Are they viable now? Or are the bike squads just that good that there's no point wasting points on them?

Seems you haven't been following the right threads, hehehe.

Dark Talon now is very powerful with it's cannon and bomb. Nephilim got better missiles and a few points discount. On the Land Speeder vengeance, the augmented range is a real bonus, making it worthwhile.

The Dark shroud is in top shape. All the usual rules (except combat resolution bonus) plus it denies overwatch fire to the enemy if it is "covering" a squad.

Dark Talon is much better gaining a massive boost to its weaponry, and I've never fielded one so I look forward to battling some necrons with that sweet blind cannon and stasis bomb! laugh.png

Nephilium got a little bit cheaper and its missiles are stronger plus it has missile lock again. I'll still very rarely field it though Ido think it performs well when I have used it, just a tad expensive but easier to stomach now! biggrin.png

I never used a Landspeeder Vengeance in the last codex because of how fiimsy it was but it's gotten a much needed range boost and gained a hull point, not sure if it's any cheaper though.

The Shroud is pretty much unchanged apart from losing it's +1 to combat resolution and instead gaining overwatch denial within 6" or something.

In all I think all our special vehicles for Ravenwing got better, at least recieving minor buffs but enough so that they are easily usable, especially the Dark Talon and Vengeance.

Ravenwing Support Squadron is very good now. A squad of speeders with a 2+ rerollable jink, interceptor, strafing run, AND the ability to fire overwatch at enemy who charge Ravenwing units is very good IMO.

Archived