The Lion and the Wolf

Amnesiadidit

Ok so I know its madness but the Space Wolves are our battle brothers, so I was wondering what tactics and synergy we can use together to triumph over our common enemies? I want to make a list using SW as allies for my DA and wanted to know what the community had in mind.

A few points I was thinking is:

-Our new psychic discipline works great with the SW psychic discipline aswell as their CC units

-Durability of our Ravenwing backed up with the CC of thunderwolf cavalry! 

-Azrael with a blob of Bloodclaws running around CC things

-DA have great overwatch, SW have Counter-Attack, we are both defensively shooty!

What other tactics come to mind brothers and sisters?

In terms of it being "heresy" I've never thought of them as having that type of hatred. A very strong sibling rivalry with ebs and flows of intensity and violence but not hatred like they would have for say...chaos or xenos. More of, siblings constantly fighting to show who's best, but when an outsider comes to harm one of the brothers the other sticks up, and fights off the outsider with extreme passion/violence protecting their brother. 

So don't think that should block or limit interactions game wise between the two forces ;)

I'm working on a version of Super Friends with the Ravenwing detachment and Iron Priests with Cyber Wolves, CC kitted Wolf Lord, and points permitting, Wolf Guard on bikes. I am calling it "Jinkyard Dogs". Look for it soon!! Play testing it the last weekend of July to see how viable it is. I am assuming that it will be VERY viable as all the units in the build have great synergy coupled with the ability to get into CC T2. Should be wicked!!

End of Line

I've had some very good success with the previous codex and will even more with the new one: Ravenwing Command Squad with Banner + Apoth, Int-chap on bike (for Hatred), Lib on bike + Company of the Great Wolf: Runepriest on bike, Wolf Lord (AA, Powerfist, SS on Thunderwolf), 3x Iron Priests with 10 Cyberwolves between them. This 23 model Deathstar is T5, scouts, hit+run(auto-pass with banner), FnP, hatred, 2x Str10 AP2/1 attacks, and now 3+ rerollable Jink. It hits hard, almost all of them are characters so Challenges and Look Out Sir shenanigans ensue.

I've had some very good success with the previous codex and will even more with the new one: Ravenwing Command Squad with Banner + Apoth, Int-chap on bike (for Hatred), Lib on bike + Company of the Great Wolf: Runepriest on bike, Wolf Lord (AA, Powerfist, SS on Thunderwolf), 3x Iron Priests with 10 Cyberwolves between them. This 23 model Deathstar is T5, scouts, hit+run(auto-pass with banner), FnP, hatred, 2x Str10 AP2/1 attacks, and now 3+ rerollable Jink. It hits hard, almost all of them are characters so Challenges and Look Out Sir shenanigans ensue.

Who says the wolves and sons of the lion can't come together for a great party? Lol

Who says the wolves and sons of the lion can't come together for a great party? Lol

My opponents have usually cried heresy, to which I correct them: "the two halves of my army are fierce rivals... they are fighting over who can kill you better, care to be the judge?"

Im loving the two psychic tables working together on fast bodies, I never really cared for fast attacks until this codex with the wolf combos I can achieve its just fantastic fun, outflanking wolf lords for CC under the weight of grav bikes and BK CC, ewwwww glory.

Another Idea i had was for a major defencive army utilizing the bjorn dread formation with DA ability to bring a dread squadron. Tacs and hunters for holding ground and a few dark shrouds for added defence. wont kill much but I think if played right can be hard to push around. Just need to work out the kinks and figure out how I will fit it into the 3 formation/ source limit of ITC. I can almost do it with a DA CAD for my lib and troops, the Darkshoud formation and the Bjorn formation but im greedy and want a rune priest and some pod wolves too :/

I am thinking Of going company of the great wolf and attach a couple of wolf riding iron priests and a wolf priest on a bike to a black knight Squad for preferred enemy fearless and some serious punch in in the way of s10 attacks in cc with no troop tax.

I also like sammy with the pup riders

Although at my rate the next codex will out before I get them ready

Int-Chap with MoR and Eye + Thunderlord + Ironpriests with Wolves into a RW Command Squad with banner, maybe even Sammy if you have the points. Voila, you now have 3++ or 3+ re-rollable jink, depending on who is tanking, Fearless, Hatred and Preferred Enemy, FnP, auto-pass on Hit and Run, Scout, Skiller Rider, give enemy -1WS and I with grenade launcher. You can even rob the enemy of Overwatch, because the unit still counts as Ravenwing (meaning the host unit is Ravenwing seeing as all IC become part of the host unit for all rule purposes as per the BRB).

Enjoy, because your opponent will not.

Int-Chap with MoR and Eye + Thunderlord + Ironpriests with Wolves into a RW Command Squad with banner, maybe even Sammy if you have the points. Voila, you now have 3++ or 3+ re-rollable jink, depending on who is tanking, Fearless, Hatred and Preferred Enemy, FnP, auto-pass on Hit and Run, Scout, Skiller Rider, give enemy -1WS and I with grenade launcher. You can even rob the enemy of Overwatch, because the unit still counts as Ravenwing (meaning the host unit is Ravenwing seeing as all IC become part of the host unit for all rule purposes as per the BRB).

Enjoy, because your opponent will not.

I just might have to taste the enjoyment haha

Archived