Shoulders. Bone or Green?

Blank05

Greetings, fellow Unforgiven, I just finished building the new Librarian in TDA to add to my Conclave and now I'm getting ready to paint. I was wondering what color should the shoulderpads be? They're supposed to be my Deathwing Librarians so my first thought was bone white, but then I saw the Picture on the box and that model had green shoulders. Honestly, I think the green shoulderpads look better, aestetically, but I believe the bone is more proper, fulffwise.

Any thoughts?

Traditionally, they're painted green. The bone color is specifically for the first company.

Right but he stated their for his Deathwing, but I do see what your saying because the Librarians are their own thing per say.

The only time I would consider a bone pad is if the Librarian was wearing Terminator Armor. All other times it would be green and even the new Terminator Librarian has a green pad if I am not mistaken.

Just my two coppers

Depends on how strict you are with color schemes, and how much you value fluff over personal taste.

Some players hold the cannon color schemes as very important, while others use them as general guidelines and then paint them how they like.

Personally, I'm all for personal taste over strict adherence to the fluff

I used Green which is traditional, however I made is tabard Bone white instead Yellow. I reasoned that aslong he is attached to the Deathwing, he will show bone white somewhere, so tabard was good enough.

Back in days gone by, when the original story of the Deathwing was developed alongside Space Hulk 1st Ed, the Deathwing terminators all wore white (later bone white) armour, including the librarians.

For me, the only deviations from white terminator armour are:

Chaplains - always look great in black

Heresy era - should always be black as per long standing fluff (cf - Deathwing story armour goes from black to white)

At the end of the day though, it's YOUR mini so paint it however YOU think it looks best - rule of cool!

Except that all Librarians - PA, TDA, Biker - now have the "Deathwing" special rule, implying all Librarius personnel of field-service rank have been inducted. So all can arguable carry some DW bone livery.

Personally go for rule of cool. There isn't a right answer (well some are more right than others, but still) so it is for you to see what looks cooler.

Green shoulder pads aren't wrong, bone aren't wrong either, choose what is best for you to paint. If you field your TDA libbie with Green marines, Green shoulder pads will look best, tying the force together, if you field him with terminators, then bone shoulder pads will tie it together .

Or you can just go out of the box and paint them black. Maybe the Librarian is atoning for something and the black shoulder pads signify a century long atonement...

Personally, I always believed a Deathwing Librarian should be head-to-toe bone as there was a Librarian involved in the Plains World incident. That's my rationale for it and I think it demonstrates that you can pretty much do whatever you like, so long as you're happy with it. So my advice would be not to worry about it too much and pick the scheme that you think looks nicest and is most satisfying to paint. :)

Archived