why Grav over Melta?

Brother_Darius

well after i finish my Ad-mech army i need to revisit my Ravenwing(allies) it seems,although where the hell do i get some grav guns from sad.png i haven't bought new Tac guys in years!!

Mithril

Spellcrow's Gravity Guns are a pretty good look-alike for GW kits, that's where I'm going to get mine from.

well after i finish my Ad-mech army i need to revisit my Ravenwing(allies) it seems,although where the hell do i get some grav guns from sad.png i haven't bought new Tac guys in years!!

Mithril

I'm looking at these as an alternative

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Space_Marine_Legion_Army_List/Legion_Troops/Legion_Tactical_Support_Squad/LEGION_GRAVITON_GUN_SET.html

Regards

DM

I'll be proxying my plasma as grav for a while. Grav seems like a really great option, especially in the current meta, where we see tons of MC's and 2+ armor saves. At least that's my experience. I lost a riptide to one turn of shooting of nothing but grav and melta, it was brutal. 

Mithril

I'm looking at these as an alternative

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Space_Marine_Legion_Army_List/Legion_Troops/Legion_Tactical_Support_Squad/LEGION_GRAVITON_GUN_SET.html

Regards

DM

Sold!

In all honesty ebay is a good shout. Grav Guns are plentiful now

I'm seeing $5+ each plus shipping. Plentiful or not, that seems high.

Exactly why I've gone to Spellcrow - they look pretty similar, and you get 4 for the sort of prices they are going for on eBay. Most of the eBay ones I see are auctions and they end up even higher!

Is spamming attack squads with double grav a competitive option, do you think?

Yes. But White Scars do it better that way, Ravenwing is about mixing RW units like speeders, attack bikes, air support and/or having Deathwing support.

There is a player in my FLGS thats been winning every single monthly tourney since 6th ed came out, so for like 2-3 years already. And I mean every single one! at 1750 he just runs ~55 bikers with dual grav, attack bikes with MM and Captain on a Bike. No one has beaten him yet. Grav is too powerful against MEQs imho.

But how do you attach them? They dont have that marine hand part at the handle.

I just snip the pistol grip off the resin one, superglue one of the bazillion bolter arms I have in my bitz box... You can then magnetise that too (at the wrist with 2mm rare earth magnets is usually good enough if you get strong ones) if you want a double bonus - then you can go plasma/melta/flamer as the mood takes you.

Yes. But White Scars do it better that way, Ravenwing is about mixing RW units like speeders, attack bikes, air support and/or having Deathwing support.

How do you figure? RWAS gives +1 to BS, plus youre getting the extra speeder attacks. 2 grav + combi on bikes at BS5 sounds awesome to me!

12 BS5 shots are 10 hits. 18 BS4 shots are 12 hits and some points to spare if comparing two RWAS against WS Bikers. In terms of pure Grav output, WS win with CS and bikes. It is a matter of maths here.

RW indeed win because of the stuff around the bikers, namely DS, MM Trikes, Sammy and BK.

Archived