All formations ?

Darkn3ssF4lls

can someone point me in the right direction to gather all the formations that we can still use with this new codex? I've been seeing a librarian conclave for example floating around but I don't remember seeing this in the book.

Since ravenwing attack squadrons are a formation now, I don't think Unrelenting Hunt is legal since it doesn't have the Lion's Blade special rule about formations within formations.

Sounds like that should go in the FAQ thread.

Since ravenwing attack squadrons are a formation now, I don't think Unrelenting Hunt is legal since it doesn't have the Lion's Blade special rule about formations within formations.

Sounds like that should go in the FAQ thread.

Im pretty sure some old formations were left on the wayside and wont be updated or FAQd

And Unrelenting Hunt is basically a Formation for DV set and DV expension set, look at the list of models, and look at the list of models required.

Also its really not a good formation, you get to reroll charge range and auto pass leadership checks.

When was either one a problem? Most of the units are already Relentless.

Well I guess its a formation just for the sake of existing but doesnt add anything to the game.

I liked Unrelenting Hunt and I figured it would be more viable now that so many of the required units got buffed and points reduced.  Unfortunately, now that Deathwing grants Hatred (CSM) instead of Preferred Enemy, one of the major benefits of the Unrelenting Hunt has been made redundant.

I'd house rule the RAS formation to be part of the Unrelenting Hunt because that seems to fit the intent.  Hatred on Black Knights is still pretty good, as well as Relentless Grav Tac Squad and passing morale tests pretty much guarantees you the morale Tactical Objective if it comes up.

Archived