[DA] Ezekiel in the making

Finn

Hello Brothers! I'm making myself a new Ezekiel. I like the old model, but I always wanted to cut up the Dark Vengeance captain and turn him into Zeke. What do you think?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/bkubera/IMG_0765_zpsmbvyk1af.jpg

Ive got one of these going myself. As such, did you clean off the combi bolter entirely, or did you leave it there...the angle makes it difficult to tell for sure. The one im working on, im trying to sculpt a book over and around the combi bolter...no, not the easiest idea what with the positioning and all, but seemed the thing to do....to my eye anyway.

Lets get some paint going here! Looking forward to more progress

I got rid of the combi plasma and dremeled out his original legs, which left me with just a torso with a cape. His current legs and head come from DA upgrade kit. I'm not painting yet, as I need to clean up some not readily visible mess and fill a few gaps with green stuff. He also needs a rebreather and some cables coming out of the hood. A book at the waist is also a must. I also think of removing the wing thingy from the shoulder pad.

All in all, he still needs some work before I can begin painting. This is just the first stage of conversion, even if a laborous one.

Ok, so today's progress:

- filled the gaps with GS;

- added a book to his waist;

- made a suitable powerpack;

- changed the shoulder pad to move away from that Balthasar look

He still needs his mask and some tubing. I can see some room for additional tweaks here and there.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/bkubera/zeke_zpsznfhi5df.jpg

Excellent job so far...my only gripe is that there is too much robe ;)...only joking!

Are you planning to magnetise the powerpack and add the librarian shoulder pad?

I'm in the middle of converting the same model as a librarian for one of my custom chapters. I'm getting round the awkward positioning of the Combi weapon by paying 10 points for a combi weapon. ;-) Could not be doing with that amount of cutting and trimming.

Excellent job so far...my only gripe is that there is too much robe msn-wink.gif...only joking!

Are you planning to magnetise the powerpack and add the librarian shoulder pad?

TOO MUCH ROBE?! NEVAH! biggrin.png

I'm surprised that you haven't noticed his librarian shoulder pad - it's right there, only hidden beneath the cape smile.png I don't really see any reason to magnetise the powerpack, maybe only for ease of transportation - but his erect sword invalidates this purpose.

I'm in the middle of converting the same model as a librarian for one of my custom chapters. I'm getting round the awkward positioning of the Combi weapon by paying 10 points for a combi weapon. ;-) Could not be doing with that amount of cutting and trimming.

Unfortunately Zeke has no combi weapon and cannot have any sad.png Cutting and trimming such amounts of plastic without going insane is possible only with the use of Dremel or some similar tool.

Archived