Magna Grapple vs Smoke Launchers

Nano

With smoke launchers you can go for nightfighting and have a 4+/5+ cover save on your dreadnoughts for a turn. OR have move through cover and reroll charge against vehicles.

Smoke launchers sound better, but magna grapple affects the whole game, rather than just one turn.

Ran a game with a DC dread and 2 Furiso, the move through cover is quite amazing, the most useful thing from my experience was not getting -2 charging in terrain. Rolling 3d6 when moving is also really sweet. If podding Cassor i think smoke launchers might be better depending on how bad you need the melta shot..

Ran a game with a DC dread and 2 Furiso, the move through cover is quite amazing, the most useful thing from my experience was not getting -2 charging in terrain. Rolling 3d6 when moving is also really sweet. If podding Cassor i think smoke launchers might be better depending on how bad you need the melta shot..

Cassor the Damned can not buy wargear?

Nope, he is an individual datasheet and has no options.

Magna grapples are also really useful if you are flying in via Stormraven as it allow the Dreadnought to bail out at altitude without risking a Dangerous Terrain test.

I now have the mental image of it swinging down the Stormraven a la Spider-man.

And making witty remarks through the vox speakers as he administers the Emperor's Wrath.

Magna grapples are also really useful if you are flying in via Stormraven as it allow the Dreadnought to bail out at altitude without risking a Dangerous Terrain test.

I now have the mental image of it swinging down the Stormraven a la Spider-man.

And making witty remarks through the vox speakers as he administers the Emperor's Wrath.

"Oh no, lasguns! My one and only weakness!!!!"

*Fries heretic with Frag cannon*

I completely misunderstood the post I quoted, apologies. I thought it meant something along the lines of 'Give Cassor a meltagun' but it's actually a warning that you might miss not having it :)

I completely misunderstood the post I quoted, apologies. I thought it meant something along the lines of 'Give Cassor a meltagun' but it's actually a warning that you might miss not having it smile.png

But Cassor already has a meltagun...I'm so confused! :D

But Cassor already has a meltagun...I'm so confused! biggrin.png

The point isn't the meltagun, the point is that Cassor comes with a magna-grapple and no option for smoke launchers.

We know that. Read the comment that I was replying to...

he comes stock with talons, melta, magna and storm bolter. No wiggle room, no options.

I completely misunderstood the post I quoted, apologies. I thought it meant something along the lines of 'Give Cassor a meltagun' but it's actually a warning that you might miss not having it smile.png

But Cassor already has a meltagun...I'm so confused! biggrin.png

Ok, that one is totally my bad, I thought he didn't have a meltagun but he actually doesn't have a Heavy Flamer, which isn't that big a deal.

Cassor the Damned is actually quite a good Dreadnought to have if you own Shield of Baal. I know I will do exactly that, and call him Moriar the Damned.

Archived