Your thoughts on Seth

Nova_chron

So lately I've been running the lord of the flesh tearers in my army and I know on paper he isn't amazing, but give him a vehicle and some friends he gets to be dangerous. I've been thinking of putting him into some death company and using them as a nice sledge hammer his Str 9 on the charge puts a lot of wounds onto the enemy... Anyone else care to chime in?

I've always been fond of Seth, though I rarely use him. His model is beautiful, and though his rules look meh, I am of the opinion that he is good for exactly the reasons you mention.

I would like to take him more often, but I am a Blood Angel, and Seth is a Flesh Tearer. Yeah, same codex, same rules, but that alone keeps me from taking him more.

Great looking model,but wasn't even a speed-bump vs Abbadon this week. More like a bug on a windshield. Needs EW badly.

Abbadon costs around 100 points more, has S8 lightning claw, PE and Hatred against SM, so you really shouldn't expect 150 pts character to slow him down. Seth can beat guys like Khârn or other stuff that costs around 150 points as well as infantry and vehicles.

Well, bad luck, I guess, with double hits on 6s, up to 12 attacks on charge and Rending he should cause a couple of wounds to 2+ save, I used Seth against orks, and he walked through mega-nobz squad, killing four greenskins and painboy.

Also, there are many HQs that couldn't do what Seth does in close combat (any Dark Angels special character, for example) and cost more points.

As a dedicated Flesh Tearers let me give you my 5 cents on Seth.

I never play him as a standalone character. His main weaknesses are: 3+, ap4 and no eternal warrior. I tend to get him to lead deathstar unit of 6 vanguards (with 3 storm shields, and relic blade) and some support - librarian, inquisitor with rad and psychotroke granades and Corbulo. That needs land raider to transport. It is a realy expensive, but quite powerful combo. With new Land Raider Excelsior works quite nice. Inquisitor boosts defensive abilities of unit quite nicely with psychotrokes, and skyrockets Seths offensive skills with rad granades. This combo lets you instagib T5 opponents now. Now Seth has 4 attacks base. Add to this 2 for charge, and you get 6. Librarian with ba powers gets you another d3 attacks, and if you roll well - 1 more from unleash rage. Thats around 9 attacks. Lvl 1 inquisitor gets you re-rolls to hit with divination primaris Now with Corbullo (and landing ba primaris) you get 8-10 (or 7-9 if on Flesh Tearers detachment) initiative, which means striking first vs almost anything. Vanguard sgt is a nice bonus here too - if you go with FT detachment, and land a good charge and unleash rage you get 5 s7ap3 attacks. 3 storm shields in the unit (one on sgt) let you survive quite a lot of punishment.

What he accomplished so far:

- I managed to land 8 hits and wounds on invisible unit with this with T5 khorne lord with axe of blind fury. He passed all of his 5 3+ saves and 3 4+ invs tho, and butchered me in return tongue.png

- dispatch Pask and 2 other Leman Russ tanks in one charge

- kill 3 meganobs in one round of cc (not charging)

But he's not an all-rounder, just my way of playing, and in more competitive games I'd rather pick Dante smile.png

I imagine he's pretty mad against Necrons, ignoring armour and reanimation with his big ol chainsword. Just keep him away from the Lords.

He shouldve been a HQ with a 2+ though.

Also, that face when you realise the Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers doesn't have a Flesh Tearer Warlord Trait...

I imagine he's pretty mad against Necrons, ignoring armour and reanimation with his big ol chainsword. Just keep him away from the Lords.

Also, that face when you realise the Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers doesn't have a Flesh Tearer Warlord Trait...

He has rampage, rampage is one of the FT warlord traits, right?

He has rampage, rampage is one of the FT warlord traits, right?

correct.

But flesh tearers have far better traits that rampage, so imo it's a waste

Seth is describe as a strengh of nature, so it would be normal at least that he have the Eternal Warrior, and, it would also be normal that is eviscerator to be recognized as an eviscerator, so AP2 and Str X2, with the special benefit of Wieldy and Rending.

After that, if such change would realize, i think that an artificer armour or a boosted invulnerable save, would be far too much.

(There is also the possibility, that one day, GW or FW, release a Seth model in Nassir Terminator Armour or a Nassir model.....for more than 200pts of course^^....Calgar would be litteraly Owned if such Terminator Armour were to be released....)

So I took Seth to battle with imperial fists last night and while he fought well his lack of EW showed as he got smushed by Lysander in a challenge however he still earned his points back killing 3 TH/SS terminators and putting three wounds on Lysander.... Ran him in an assault squad I think he needs friends with more punch all in all the dice gods were unkind to me failing to many easy charges, next game I'm going to give Dante a go what is a good unit for him to tag team with

Archived