Rise from the ashes

Finn

Forgive me Brothers, for I have sinned!

After falling for a filthy xeno heresy, I disbanded my troops and used my command skills to lead Dark Eldar raids and Eldar warbands against the protectors of the Imperium.

And now, I'm coming back to The Rock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Angels were my first army and are still the one I have most heart for. However, our successive disappointing books finally led me to switching to Dark Eldar during the days of 5th edition. One of the factors thet led to this change was me getting bored with playing PA armies. Since then, I've been purely a Dark Eldar, Eldar and Harlequin player.

One day I needed funds for my new plastic soldiers, so I decided to sell my trusty Dark Angels. Back then, I was a lousy painter and modeller; my dissatisfaction with my paint jobs eased the pain of separation from the minis :)

Now, I want to rebuild my forces and have tons of unpainted plastic piling in the depths of my closets. This is a good time to again become a proud Son of Lion.

This is what I have at the moment:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/bkubera/chap_zpshzv2aqmt.jpg

He's my unnamed chaplain I made during my first attempts at modelling putties. His robes and hood leave much to be desired, because I used some old, cheap and bad putty and my skills were non-existent. I still like him, though, and I decided to keep him for the future.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/bkubera/term_chap_zpsm9cmoeyo.jpg

This bad boy was born when I was starting to get bored of doing xenos over and over again. I wanted to make him to my best standard and I am quite pleased with the result. He's also a keeper.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/bkubera/zeke_zpsi9bcgyo8.jpg

Finally, my new creation - Chief Librarian Ezekiel.

I loved my Dark Angels for being monastic and quite ascetic. Then, Dark Vengeance brought Company Master Balthasar in all his sacral bling glory and I immediately hated him. But the way he held his power sword reminded me of Ezekiel and I vowed to convert him. It's still a WIP, but I managed to remove the whole lower portion of the mini including the combi bolter, implant him with a new set of legs without that flashy ornaments and change his winged shoulder pad to something more acceptable. Ezekiel also cannibalised a spare Turmiel I had for the book.

I still need to provide him with a rebreather and some tubing and he'll be ready for painting.

I love the pose on that PA Chappy, I can hear the heated oratory from here! Looking good.

Glad you like him and this is exactly what I was aiming for smile.png I'm thinking of adding a furnace on top of his powerpack. What do you think?

Generally I'm not really a fan of furnaces - they look good, but I just can't see how they would 'work' in a combat situation - I try and make my models as 'realistic' as I can (given that his is 40k...) but that's just me! Something more 'hard' (blades/wings/icon) would be what I'd add...

Alright. I'm already in love with the Terminator Chaplain (or whatever. I'm beyond new to the DA Club so forgive me). Those candles are top notch and I must ask: may I steal this idea? Bear in mind that it'll only be the candle idea I'm stealing, not the miniature. Well, really I would do both but, hey, I'm non-violent now msn-wink.gif.

It's our good fortune that you're back within the loving embrace of the Primarch. I'll be looking forward to what you have in store for us.

EDIT- Spelling

Alright. I'm already in love with the Terminator Chaplain (or whatever. I'm beyond new to the DA Club so forgive me). Those candles are top notch and I must ask: may I steal this idea? Bear in mind that it'll only be the candle idea I'm stealing, not the miniature. Well, really I would do both but, hey, I'm non-violent now msn-wink.gif.

It's our good fortune that you're back within the loving embrace of the Primarch. I'll be looking forward to what you have in store for us.

EDIT- Spelling

Feel free to steal anything you want, maybe apart from the actual miniature smile.png The candles are made from little plastic sticks covered in many, many layers of PVA to give them that dripping wax look. The wicking is made from actual sewing thread hardened with superglue smile.png

Generally I'm not really a fan of furnaces - they look good, but I just can't see how they would 'work' in a combat situation - I try and make my models as 'realistic' as I can (given that his is 40k...) but that's just me! Something more 'hard' (blades/wings/icon) would be what I'd add...

I can understand that. But I'm not really bothered with realism and am willing to go full-gothic with my guys. Candles on top of a Terminator Chaplain are the proof smile.png

Aaaand... This is what I found in the mail today smile.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad53/bkubera/IMG_0780_zpsxinbex7s.jpg

Archived