Rapid Manoeuvre

Darkn3ssF4lls

Greetings Everyone,

I am trying to determine this little line here, now my understanding is Sableclaw is not a independent character, so he couldn't join say a unit of land speeders. So why does he have this ? or was it just laziness that they didn't want to give him his own wording so they gave him that special rule for his personal use?

I don't understand your comment about Laziness.

How is it laziness when they right a rule that grants extra movement, which includes language that everyone with access to it can use it.

In my mind laziness would have been if they had failed to include turbo-boost, when you know with all of the RW options in the book that at least one HQ is going to want to take a bike, not to mention the one that comes standard with a bike.

I know that the official language of the internet is pissing and moaning.

But come on, you are pissing about a rule that actually works.

I don't understand your understanding, the rule is written to grant things to a unit of things that someone joins. Its clear it cannot join a unit and thus its given to the person itself. No problem but why not just give these things to the unit instead of placing the verbadge that someones like oo i can oo wait, no i can't.

What?

No this is a warlord trait, it is only ever given to a warlord.

If Sammie isn't the warlord he doesn't get it.

Sometimes the warlord traits also affect a unit the warlord joins.

But that requires 2 things.

First the warlord trait has to say that it also applies to the unit that the warlord joined.

And second the warlord has to join a unit.

Either way its a garbage warlord trait to have on sableclaw, i don't think you could argue otherwise.  If you don't have him as your warlord its not a problem, but its a huge deficit to take him in his landspeeder in a RSF as currently he has to be your warlord, and if you want to use that model you get penalized quite heavily for it. 

Honestly he should have rapid manouvre when in his jetbike, and The Hunt on his speeder, would make things so much more balanced and not make the DA player feel like they are getting cheated out of a useful warlord trait.

I would love for him to have the hunt while in his speeder.

But he has had rapid maneuver since they rolled out warlord traits.

And it is the same rule that our speeder squads get when they have 3+ members.

They should be shooting all of the time, but if they need to redeploy to another part of the table they will get there faster than any other marine speeder.

It's a little worse.  He gets an extra 3 inches when going flat-out in his speeder.  The +3 speeder squad bonus gives an extra 6 inches.  For a warlord trait that only ever effects one model in one way that is just really bad.

Perhaps, but as a Warlord trait it grants +3 inches of movement per turn if you want to make use of it, no matter who has it, as there are not characters in our codex that can assault after running.

I have not seen a single Warlord trait that I think overpowers any character.

However I do think that the hunt would overpower Sableclaw.

Would it be awesome?  Oh yeah!

But it would be broken, as there would be no reason to take the Jetbike.

there would be plenty reason still to take the Jetbike, because rapid manoeuvre would confer to whatever unit he attaches to and benefits them both in run/turboboost AND charge.  Having a huge squad of deathwing/black knights getting a guaranteed 3-15 inch charge is a BIG deal, potentially bigger than some ignores cover AP 4 shots.

The whole argument is you don't get to do any of that with sableclaw as it is always going to be by itself.  You get a measly 3 extra inches on ONLY the sableclaw itself and that is only if you are forgoing shooting to go flat out on a vehicle that is already insanely fast and an extra 3 inches is going to make a marginal difference at best at that point as it already is moving and boosting so far in a single turn.  and that is your entire warlord trait, that is just objectively NOT good for a single army wide warlord trait that you can have when compared to any other of the available ones in the DA codex or BRB, thats the point thats being made.

You should go and read the hunt again.

The reason you should want that for Sableclaw is because it also grants precision shots.

The speeder already doesn't miss, hit rate I think is 97%, to then give him the chance to call his shots.

The ignores cover just means that anyone no in 3+ or better armor would only get inv saves vs him, and those models are already being wounded on 2+.

Alright if I was going to divise a Warlord Trait table that I would be willing to roll on for Sableclaw, this is what would be on it.

1. The Hunt (DA) - Precision Shots and Ignores cover with BS5 twinlinked AC and HB... yes please

2. Master of Fate (BRB Tactical) - re-roll random VP cards.

3. Master of Manoeuvre (BRB Personal) - Outflank

4. Immovable Object (BRB Personal) - It will not die

5. Rapid Manoeuvre (DA) - The one he already comes with

6. Master of Ambush (BRB Strategic) - Warlord and 3 non vehicle units get infiltrate

But as it is right now there are at most 2 useful choices on any of the existing charts.

It is never going to be worth rolling with at best a 67% chance to get something I can't use vs sticking with something I might not use.

Archived