Primarch Sigmar conversion question

I want to build myself Sigmar, who will use Primarch rules for 30k and friendly 40k games. I wonder, which Primarch would suit best as base for the conversion. A big hammer is a must, so my first instinct was Vulkan. However, his armour is not quite ornate enough to match the Sigmarites from Age of Sigmar (which are my Elite forces, who are bolstered by mere men).

My second though was to wait for Sanguinius, but he will most likely carry a sword and I doubt that his head will look much like Sigmar. At least Vulkan is bold, so I can model his hair and beard. His face does look grim enough though.

Any ideas or suggestions? Cheers ;)

I want to build myself Sigmar, who will use Primarch rules for 30k and friendly 40k games. I wonder, which Primarch would suit best as base for the conversion. A big hammer is a must, so my first instinct was Vulkan. However, his armour is not quite ornate enough to match the Sigmarites from Age of Sigmar (which are my Elite forces, who are bolstered by mere men).

My second though was to wait for Sanguinius, but he will most likely carry a sword and I doubt that his head will look much like Sigmar. At least Vulkan is bold, so I can model his hair and beard. His face does look grim enough though.

Any ideas or suggestions? Cheers msn-wink.gif

@Immersturm - Sanguinas will also have those silly wings.

I'd go for Guilleman.

Are you building Sigmar as one of the allegedly unknown primarchs? If so, then it's pretty much up to you how you feel he should be equipped, seeing as no one really knows who the other two primarchs were.

Having said that, there is speculation that the Grey Knights are direct genetic descendents of the Emperor himself. Given that, I see a couple options.

1. We accept that The Emperor is Missing Primarch #1 (or treat him as such until the real one shows up) and therefore Missing Primarch #2 is still open - enter Sigmar.

2. Sigmar is actually a son of the Emperor/primarch of the Grey Knights. If you made sure to be careful with your approach to the fluff and how you portrayed this new guy, you could make a reasonably convincing argument - after all the GKs have been shrouded in secrecy for most of their existence, so it wouldn't be that shocking if they did have a primarch that we never really knew about. Maybe he was off crusading on his own, doing a trial by fire/faith thing in the warp for sever centuries and just recently returned to real space to find Titan in the mess that is M41?

3. Leave the GK lore as is (Emperor is their primarch ish figure) and assume that there are still two missing primarchs - one, presumably, is Sigmar. If you go this route, you'll have the most leeway, but you'll also have a bigger challenge with determining the style of weapons, armor, looks, etc. as there will be nothing to go on. Will he be loyal? Traitor? Fence sitter? (*cough cough* Jonson)

Regarding the use of Primarchs in games....each known primarch has at least one rule that is unique to him, as well as other special rules. Point here is that there is no "generic" primarch.

Nonono, I do not build him as Primarch. He will just use Primarch rules. My army is a holy order that has his home a shrine world and the army itself is led by Angels from the Astronomican or some other Emperor-ish source. The big Sigmar dude is just the biggest and badest of them all and in terms of fluff, he is not a Primarch. I am just a massive fan of him and hence I want him to lead my force of human and angels in 40k, 30k and Age of Sigmar. This is less about lore and more which model would be best to represent this guy msn-wink.gif

Edit: Actually, I might link him to Primarch fluff, but it will not be proverbial Angels of Death he will be leading in the end, but real ones ;)

Ahh..got it. So you're doing with Sigmar what the rest of us do with Daemon Princes.

Fooolish mortal. *evil laugh* furious.gif

Indeed. My army will be functional in all 3 systems ;)

Anyway, linking it to the Primarch fluff is actually a solid idea. Maybe he died or sacrificed himself or something and his Legion during the Crusade, but his spirit lived on in the Warp and eternally fighting in the Firetide, where the Neverborn and Angels meet in battle. However, during M36, some of them found their way back into the material realm for those who needed them the most. You can even link Fantasy and 40k and say that Sigmar was never discovered and when he disappeared in Fantasy, he ascended into the Warp to lead the armies against the Neverborn.

But that is not the thread to discuss it. Let us discuss what Primarch model would be best fit for the guy :D

I'd love to help you but the link you've posted is not working for me. Not sure if anyone else is having trouble with it.

Hidden Content

http://1d4chan.org/images/6/6c/SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg

Like this but more in line with 40k and AoS-esque armour. Basically, a more holy and pimped version of this. And a hammer. A big one ;)

Having looked through the Primarchs and what else could be coming, I think that Vulkan would be easiest to work with. Getting some hair on his head will be easy, the flames look cool and most of the iconography can be easily removed. Even the cloak is not a problem, since Sigmar was known to carry and pelt cape.

The second option is to make the first mounted Primarch and use the Lord-Celestant for that.

Both models have awesome Hammers :d

Archived