What is this?

Darkn3ssF4lls

The Reclusium is the division in which a Chapters Chaplains are gathered, much as the Librarius is the division for Librarians. The Reclusium Command Squad was a dataslate formation until the current C:SM, where it is just another formation available. Basically, it's just a Command Squad with attached Chaplain that deploys in a Razorback, gaining a couple special rules in the process.

Short answer is a Reclusiam Command Squad is a command squad lead by a Chaplain (doesn't matter what rank he is for gaming purposes). Almost every Space Marine-varian Codex has one - Space Marines, Dark Angels, Blood Angels....etc. Long ago in the mists of time it was a variation on a command squad, that could be taken by a Chaplain rather than by a Capt/Commander/Co Master (fill in your choice of rank)

Short answer is a Reclusiam Command Squad is a command squad lead by a Chaplain (doesn't matter what rank he is for gaming purposes). Almost every Space Marine-varian Codex has one - Space Marines, Dark Angels, Blood Angels....etc. Long ago in the mists of time it was a variation on a command squad, that could be taken by a Chaplain rather than by a Capt/Commander/Co Master (fill in your choice of rank)

Weird am I just missing this entry in our dex or is it not listed in Command Squads? I say this because if you click Dark Angels sort on the store its right there, so why would they be selling it to us if we can't take it?

Seems odd that the DA would be offered a Reclusiam Command Squad on the web store but not in the codex. Maybe try checking near the end of the HQ section? I'd be shocked if it wasn't in the codex but was in the DA section of the store.

let me look might have to pull out my CE instead of my tablet. I don't see anything in the Command Squad Entry and its not a HQ in my book as far as i can tell it has the Elite Icon. 

Strange...it used to be an HQ option. I guess they changed it. Not sure why GW moved it to the Elites section but I'm glad to hear it's in the codex at least.

The way Command Squads (all variants) worked (and hopefully still do) is you bought them, and any upgrades, the same as you would any other. However, they didn't take up force org slots because they were considered upgrades to the characters in question - ie they were accompanying those individuals.

It is probably offered to Dark Angels simply because the models can be used by Dark Angels (as part of a Battle Company).  The Reclusiam Command Squad Formation was never its own entry in C: DA, of any edition.  It was a C: SM Formation that came out as a Datalate for the last C: SM, and can still be found here: The unit must have a Chaplain, a Command Squad that contains both an apothecary and standard bearer, and a Razorback transport.  Once again, this Formation is NOT for the Dark Angels Faction, but Dark Angels can use the models.  I do not know if the Dataslate has been updated to the current C: SM rules.

the reclusiam command squad isnt allowed to be run by dark angels, we have it in our store page because gw are idiots. the formation isnt even useful to us as it requires your army be a codex marine to get the AoE crusader usr from it. and granting a unit twin linked in cc is nice and all but paying as much as you do for it when a chaplain with some veterans in a razorback does essentially the same thing anyway its practical.

Then why list "Reclusiam Command Squad" in the DA portion of the site? Why not just label it as something else? Or should I not ever bother asking this....?

As I already explained, THE MODELS are there because Dark Angels can use THE MODELS. Dark Angels can use the Chaplain BECAUSE IT IS IN THEIR CODEX. Dark Angels can use the Command Squad BECAUSE IT IS IN THEIR CODEX. Dark Angels can use the Razorback BECAUSE IT IS IN THEIR CODEX. If you want to buy a Chaplain, a Command Squad, and a Razorback all in one go, you can buy just this set. And so it is not GW being stupid, but simply offering a set that gives you all three units, and effectively gives you the Chaplain for about $15US- half the cost of the $30US Captain/Librarian. GW- what a bunch of jerks! tongue.png

So the following appeared today when I updated my Army Builder...

[Formation's]

Reclusiam Command Squad 

1st Company Task Force

Strike Force Ultra

Suppression Force

These are errors that I should report no? or do we have more stuff on this topic above that I'm missing?

[Formation's]

Reclusiam Command Squad 

1st Company Task Force

Strike Force Ultra

Suppression Force

These are errors that I should report no? or do we have more stuff on this topic above that I'm missing?

Looks like maybe you clicked on the entries for Codex:Space Marines, rather than Codex: Dark Angels, as those are all entries in the SM dex...

~BtW

[Formation's]

Reclusiam Command Squad 

1st Company Task Force

Strike Force Ultra

Suppression Force

Looks like maybe you clicked on the entries for Codex:Space Marines, rather than Codex: Dark Angels, as those are all entries in the SM dex...

~BtW

Nope this was the point of the thread ^_^ looks like alot of the army builders are not getting rules right ? this was definitely the da dex entry. So just need a rule that says these two items are for only Codex: Space Marines entries and not all units that are Space Marines lol.  

Maybe reading the words "Strike force ULTRA" should have been the light switching on for you....blink.png army builder got it wrong happy.png

its safer to just reference the hard copy of dex's nowadays as that's your surest way to confirm online/downloaded things...

Mithril

[Formation's]

Reclusiam Command Squad

1st Company Task Force

Strike Force Ultra

Suppression Force

~BtW

Nope this was the point of the thread happy.png looks like alot of the army builders are not getting rules right ? this was definitely the da dex entry. So just need a rule that says these two items are for only Codex: Space Marines entries and not all units that are Space Marines lol.

So why talk about it here? If you have a problem with an Army Builder list then you should probably seek out a forum where people talk specifially about Army builder lists, like HERE. The people who actually take their own time to progarm the lists might just visit such a forum, so you just might have something constructive happen there.

[Formation's]

Reclusiam Command Squad

1st Company Task Force

Strike Force Ultra

Suppression Force

~BtW

Nope this was the point of the thread happy.png looks like alot of the army builders are not getting rules right ? this was definitely the da dex entry. So just need a rule that says these two items are for only Codex: Space Marines entries and not all units that are Space Marines lol.

Lol, Is that it?...I thought it had to do with someone seeing the Reclusiam squad on the GW website under DA and head-scratching as to whether or not we had that.... but yeah, they are making a lot of mistakes, and omissions in the various builders.... but I figure they'll get it right eventually.... I am just sure to double check every list I build lately.... I notice mostly minor things like missing vehicle upgrade options in Battlescribe, or missing wep choices for the sarges...but nothing glaring like Strike Force Ultra showing up in the DA listings, like I was commenting on initially.... Ah well.... ;)

~BtW

Archived